Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why Do some of you.....

This is a discussion on Why Do some of you..... within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; have other cigar fourms, Im not saying its bad, I just dont get, I do have account at the other ...

Why Do some of you.....

have other cigar fourms, Im not saying its bad, I just dont get, I do have account at the other 2 big US fourms, Im sure you know who im talking about, But i made a home here and was shopping around to find the right fit, and PUFF was it, But i dont get why some post at more then one,Im a member of one that is all just selling sticks, I know why guys selling stuff do, But all the fourms end up with same info and mostly the same kind of threads about new cigars and what not, and as far as i can tell most places have the same members, So Im asking why?
    Last edited by jessejava187; 08-24-2010 at 08:54 AM.

Re: Why Do some of you.....

I thought my cigar home was at a relatively new UK based forum (I live in the UK). This forum was predominantly about CC, which I mostly smoke plus has news thats specific to that region.

I only ventured here as I was pissed off with the recent happenings and the change of direction the UK forum seems to be taking. Plus this place is better when it come to NCs and I wanted more knowledge on the matter.

I know what your saying about other US forums and mostly the same people using them. I feel each forum has something slightly different to offer and you will come across good people who are loyal to only one forum, so I dont see any problem with being a forum whore.

Quote Originally Posted by jessejava187 View Post
    have other cigar fourms, Im not saying its bad, I just dont get, I do have account at the other 2 big US fourms, Im sure you know who im talking about, But i made a home here and was shopping around to find the right fit, and PUFF was it, But i dont get why some post at more then one, I know why guys selling stuff do, But all the fourms end up with same info and mostly the same kind of threads about new cigars and what not, and as far as i can tell most places have the same members, So Im asking why?
    There is only one other forum that I view most everyday and that is because Ron got a big bombing run going on there. There is another Aussie there that I talk to. The rest of the forums I acknowledge only when I get an email notifying me that someone has replied.

If you look at my post counts you will see a massive difference in how much I post here versus elsewhere. PUFF is my home!
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    There is only one other forum that I view most everyday and that is because Ron got a big bombing run going on there. There is another Aussie there that I talk to. The rest of the forums I acknowledge only when I get an email notifying me that someone has replied.

If you look at my post counts you will see a massive difference in how much I post here versus elsewhere. PUFF is my home!
    I understand the NON US ones, so your off the hook lol

Quote Originally Posted by jessejava187 View Post
    I understand the NON US ones, so your off the hook lol
    Fine, I'll just now. LMAO.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

I agree with Kdot. I too predominantly post in the UKCF and do enjoy CCs. Only about a few weeks ago I have come to really enjoy NCs. Good to be part of a site that is mainly focused on NCs. I have also heard great things about this forum, and really do like style and tools available here!

Puffer Fish with many spikes Amlique's Avatar

I am a member of another forum, but I haven't visited there in many months.
    If you plan on buying or selling real estate anywhere in the country, let me know first. I can refer you to the best agent in your area.

Removed per request

because i can never have too many contacts for new releases and htf's...

I was researching something that slips my mind, but Google brought me to another forum. It's funny because the thread that I opened was all about bashing Puff. Turns out, the lead basher was the owner of the forum and also a member here. Tool.

livin life by the drop ! cigar loco's Avatar

Probably because I'm just a nosey f'er !!
    I smoke old stogies I have found, short but not to big around....

I think anyone looking into a forum will sign up for a few to get a feel for where they feel comfortable, and make a home at one. It's been that way for me with Mustangs, motorcycles, golf equipment, and now cigars.

The One and Only GOT ssutton219's Avatar

A forum is only as good as its members.

Most ppl will join a few to feel out the forum deciding on what fits them..

I "belong" to one forum..but I am a member of a few and some I dont even remember signing up to.

As for the google search that leads to the other forum bashing puff...well..there is alot more to that story and I am SO GLAD its now almost 2 yrs old and has only made PUFF a better place.

I took a vacation form cigars and such but still talked to friends I have made here. Many of them checked in on me to make sure what I was going through I was handling ok.

I came back because of the Family I made here..I have traveled 5hrs to herf with ppl I had never met and had a member here officiate my last marriage..then herfed the next night..that marriage didnt last for some reason..ok too much rambling...

Shawn
    If the thought of a lil mold spores or beetle eggs in a cigar bother you..maybe you shouldnt smoke...cigars are a plant that we allow to ferment (rot) for our enjoyment...

The Smoky Dawn Front KetherInMalkuth's Avatar

Personally, I've found each forum has a different atmosphere. This is set by the members, mods, and rules. Some forums have less rules, others have more, some have attentive mods, others downright rude. As well as the reason given by Ron, the hobby is all about Brotherhood, some BOTL aren't on Puff as some Puffers aren't on the others. While much of the information does end up here, sometimes it's posted first elsewhere, especially regarding HTF and inside business information on specific brands, etc. All in all it's kind of like going to a Bar. Some people may go to the same bar every day, or every week. Others go to their favorite two or three bars regularly, while still others may try every bar they can find just to check out the atmosphere, we all have our own attitudes and experiences which lend themselves differently to the environments at different forums.
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. ~ Ronald Reagan

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Hell, I don't have time to join any other cigar forums! I'd never find a minute to actually smoke a cigar!
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

JGD

Various forums are great for different information. For instance, until recently MRN was an active member on one forum, the information that you can pick up from people like him is amazing.

Although information often gets reposted here that is first posted on other forums it is often done so much later. There was a recent thread here that received alot of attention. In that thread there were quotes form another forum that were posted a looong time age.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast