Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Today - there will be no news on TV

This is a discussion on Today - there will be no news on TV within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Today my family and I have declared a moratorium on television news. I do not need to see those images ...

Today - there will be no news on TV

Today my family and I have declared a moratorium on television news.

I do not need to see those images of nine years ago that changed all of our lives.

I need no visual help to remember what happened - I will never forget.

I do not need to listen to any discussion of politics and who was/is right or wrong.

Today is a day for reflection and family, and for not taking for granted what we have.

I plan on spending the day enjoying the sunshine with my family.

I hope you can all do the same.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader jeepthing's Avatar

Re: Today - there will be no news on TV

Have a family day planned here as well. Never forget it.
    Whatever it is -- I didn't do it!

Here is an easy task as I NEVER watch the TV news. To easy to edit the story to suit the stations agenda.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

No longer a community member.

I think they should be shown at the start of every news cast.

PLEASE - NEVER FORGET!!

I can't help but wonder - When Obama's grandson gets elected to the office - if he'll try to tell us it never happened.

Just a thought - not trying to stir up crap.

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    I think they should be shown at the start of every news cast.

I agree.

Press the button Max! Breakaway500's Avatar

I stopped watching,reading hearing...caring about the "news" over 20 years ago. My philosophy: ignorance is bliss! No news is good news...
    When I think of all the good times that I've wasted..having good times...

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTRAYNHAM View Post
    PLEASE - NEVER FORGET!!

I can't help but wonder - When Obama's grandson gets elected to the office - if he'll try to tell us it never happened.

Just a thought - not trying to stir up crap.
    I understand what you are trying to say. I was proud to serve under my commander in chief . I wonder how many of those young men serving today feel the same way. I will take a moment of silence today to mourn all those that died on that tragic day. But i will continue to mourn all those young men that continue to die.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    I understand what you are trying to say. I was proud to serve under my commander in chief . I wonder how many of those young men serving today feel the same way. I will take a moment of silence today to mourn all those that died on that tragic day. But i will continue to mourn all those young men that continue to die.

Well said Tony while I never served I appreciate the words and all of you who do and have, Thanks BTW!. also regarding what I said about playing the planes daily I still say so, but must admit I do not watch the news so kind of a weird statement for me to make.

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    Well said Tony while I never served I appreciate the words and all of you who do and have, Thanks BTW!. also regarding what I said about playing the planes daily I still say so, but must admit I do not watch the news so kind of a weird statement for me to make.
    I understand what you mean Dave your thanks are appreciated as well. As far as serving you serve in a different way what you do for all the troops! I don't watch the news on t.v only on the computer this way i can watch or read the stories of interest.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Shame on all of you who brought politics into this discussion. Classless, IMO.

Today is a time of reflection. Save your partisan political rhetoric for the other 364 days please.

To the OP.....thanks for the post.

Thou Shall Not Doubt Me MoreBeer's Avatar

I've pretty much abandoned all cable news viewing. MSNBC, Fox, CNN, CNBC, they all blow. I'll just check out USA Today every now and then these days. So glad the football season is upon us now. All I need is the NFL, some beers and a nice cigar. They can keep all the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by MoreBeer View Post
    I've pretty much abandoned all cable news viewing. MSNBC, Fox, CNN, CNBC, they all blow. I'll just check out USA Today every now and then these days. So glad the football season is upon us now. All I need is the NFL, some beers and a nice cigar. They can keep all the rest.
    Well Said!
    Jimi Hendrix

The background on all of my computers. I will be reminded daily and never forget.

Being willing is not enough, we must do. - Leonardo da Vinci.

Nice wallpaper! Mine is just an Eagle over the flag but yours has the towers as well.
    Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast