Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

MOTHER #$%^ER, I THINK I BROKE THE WASHING MACHINE (again).

This is a discussion on MOTHER #$%^ER, I THINK I BROKE THE WASHING MACHINE (again). within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Ughh. This always seems to happen at the worst time. I must have overloaded the washing machine (again), as it ...

JGD

MOTHER #$%^ER, I THINK I BROKE THE WASHING MACHINE (again).

Ughh. This always seems to happen at the worst time. I must have overloaded the washing machine (again), as it has stopped half way through the cycle and is full of water. I took the clothes out and waited 15 minutes to run it while its empty (this usually works). However, this time.. NOTHING.

Although it is ultimately my fault because I must have put too much in it, I'm ****ing sick of my cheap land lord with these 15 year old appliances (that she claims are brand new).

Re: MOTHER #$%^ER, I THINK I BROKE THE WASHING MACHINE (again).

What type of machine is it???

JGD

A Maytag.

JGD

Thank GOD! It works!!!!!!!

Scotch & Cigars

Heh my wife has done that twice in two years but both times we were lucky and it was only a belt on the bottom that needed to be replaced.

Glad it's working!

Was going to say. Some washers have a plastic piece that connects the motor to the agitator. It has "teeth" on two parts (motor & agitator). The teeth give out so not to burn up the motor on heavy loads. Its a fairly simple fix if you can "cup out" the water and set the washer on its back. I've done it a time or two on Whirlpools.

before hoes

Last time I overfilled my machine I flooded my kitchen, consider yourself lucky.

I think I have Fred Flintstone's washing machine. Damn thing keeps on working.

Quote Originally Posted by thebayratt View Post
    Was going to say. Some washers have a plastic piece that connects the motor to the agitator. It has "teeth" on two parts (motor & agitator). The teeth give out so not to burn up the motor on heavy loads. Its a fairly simple fix if you can "cup out" the water and set the washer on its back. I've done it a time or two on Whirlpools.
    What Shawn said above--also, in the future you might be able to set your washer at the beginning of the spin and the pump should pump the water out before it starts to spin--some do this.
    ViVat Jesus!

You know, I've actually had this happen at home several times, in a machine less than 2 years old. I've found it's not overload so much as unbalanced. When it starts the spin cycle, if one side of the drum is carrying more weight, it will start wobbling. If it wobbles too much, sensors in the machine shut it down. Just rearrange what's inside and turn it back on. It usually does the trick.
    For all the kids who'd rather flame than talk, I refuse to post.

That and after you do that; grab the top panel and bring the panel towards you. In sense, it raises the back two feet and they self level somewhat.
    Not all new washers have those type of feet on them tho (none of the front loaders do).

JGD

Thanks for all the great advice guys! I have a feeling this may happen again...

Scotch & Cigars

Quote Originally Posted by JGD View Post
    Thanks for all the great advice guys! I have a feeling this may happen again...
    Just make sure you load it as even as possible and yup should be fine.