Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Post Counts

This is a discussion on Post Counts within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Anyone else intrigued by the notion of counting one's thoughts? It's a bit abstract but I find it funny that ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Citizen Zero's Avatar

Post Counts

Anyone else intrigued by the notion of counting one's thoughts? It's a bit abstract but I find it funny that there is a virtual ticker of everyone's relevant comments. This is in no way critical of the "post count" system, just one man's thoughts that have probably drifted too far from shore. I wonder what it would be like if we had post counts in life. "Ryan has 8.82 worthwhile thoughts per day" I think more than anything, I would like a running tally of how many people I manage to unwittingly offend each day.

Re: Post Counts

I'd still be stuck at ONE?

It gives me something to aspire to. I want to neaten up my descriptor box with one of those fancy "7500" boxes instead of these messy little fish icons. LOL. Post count means little in reality though as I have more than some members that have been here for many years. All that means is that I a lot & spend more time here than is healthy.
    Name:  australian-cat-reads-american-captions.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  18.7 KB
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Citizen Zero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    It gives me something to aspire to. I want to neaten up my descriptor box with one of those fancy "7500" boxes instead of these messy little fish icons. LOL. Post count means little in reality though as I have more than some members that have been hear for many years. All that means is that I a lot & spend more time here than is healthy.
    Name:  australian-cat-reads-american-captions.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  18.7 KB

I'll drink to that. Maybe a Fosters??? lol just kidding Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Zero View Post
    I think more than anything, I would like a running tally of how many people I manage to unwittingly offend each day.

I think mine would be pretty high, but usually it's done on purpose.

39 04 35 N, 108 33 05 W gjcab09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Zero View Post
    Anyone else intrigued by the notion of counting one's thoughts? It's a bit abstract but I find it funny that there is a virtual ticker of everyone's relevant comments. This is in no way critical of the "post count" system, just one man's thoughts that have probably drifted too far from shore. I wonder what it would be like if we had post counts in life. "Ryan has 8.82 worthwhile thoughts per day" I think more than anything, I would like a running tally of how many people I manage to unwittingly offend each day.
    I take issue with the words "relevant" and "worthwhile" when applied to my "thoughts per day"

I have 750,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 thoughts a day, and tipcally share 700,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of them, and usually only 1 of them has any really meaning.

And sadly I, like warren, bullshit around on the forums quite often.... not the past couple weeks because its hard to bullshit when your laying under a piece of shite vehicle