Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Happy Birthday to ... who are you, again?

This is a discussion on Happy Birthday to ... who are you, again? within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I check out the birthday box on the home page just about every day, and just about every day I'm ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Happy Birthday to ... who are you, again?

I check out the birthday box on the home page just about every day, and just about every day I'm confronted with a list of names I don't recognize. So, just because "obnoxious" is how I roll, I decided today to check out the names on the Birthday list.

In no particular order, here are the "last activity" dates and total post count of all but one of the birthday puffers:

12/22/08 - 1 post
    9/17/07 - 0 posts
    4/27/07 - 0 posts
    10/29/04 - 2 posts
    2/29/08 0 posts
    10/21/07 - 6 posts
    5/31/08 - 7 posts
    8/28/08 - 1 post
    10/31/08 - 0 posts
    1/28/09 - 0 posts

The one not shown above was active a few days ago.

Now - many of the ones I've shown have a user note from 2009 that says "imported user." I don't know what that means.

In fact, I don't really know what - if anything - any of this means, except that maybe I have too much time on my hands.

Oh, also I missed asmartbull's birthday somehow. Happy Birthday, Al!
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

Re: Happy Birthday to ... who are you, again?

Those are all my user ids from the past, couldn't settle on any one in particular.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Batista30 View Post
    Those are all my user ids from the past, couldn't settle on any one in particular.
    Well, now, that explains it!
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

They are users "Imported" from forums that were amalgamated into Puff when it started. If you know the history of Puff, there were several forums purchased to join together & make the one big one. You may also see names down there with a -cl after them which means they came from Cigar Live. Much like Puff, there were many signups on those boards that posted nothing or just plain disappeared. This is just my understanding of it, all complaints to be directed to the little guy with the fiddle in that booth over there.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.