Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Foreclousre on Christmas Eve

This is a discussion on Foreclousre on Christmas Eve within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by Tashaz I am sincerely sorry to hear your predicament Robert. Anything we can do feel free to ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes CaptainBlenderman's Avatar

Re: Foreclousre on Christmas Eve

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    I am sincerely sorry to hear your predicament Robert. Anything we can do feel free to PM but if nothing else you have our support. Be well mate & do NOT let it get you down. I've been there in the past but will not demean you by trying to offer advice as you are your own master. Be assured there is always something positive to find in life if you look hard enough.
    +1 on this.

Wish there was something I/we could do. I can't imagine too much short of handing you several thousand dollars would help right now. If I could, I would. At the very least, you can be sure that the guys on this forum have your back.

Thank You all for your kind comments and support

Damn it friend, I'm really sorry to hear this. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through, but I hope to hell it gets better for you soon. I'm sorry for your troubles, and am always here if you need to blow off some steam. I hope things go well for you and your lady at least. Take care of yourself friend.
    Cars, Smoke, Homebrew, Wet Shave and a Fountain Pen. Gentlemanly pursuits.

UPDATE: The bank called last week and said theyre not going to foreclose yet. They want us to put our house on the market this spring/summer and make some good faith payments along the way. So at worst it will be a while, and at best they may come along and restructure the loan.

Quote Originally Posted by rob51461 View Post
    UPDATE: The bank called last week and said theyre not going to foreclose yet. They want us to put our house on the market this spring/summer and make some good faith payments along the way. So at worst it will be a while, and at best they may come along and restructure the loan.
    Excellent news Robert and I for one am very glad to hear it!
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

39 04 35 N, 108 33 05 W gjcab09's Avatar

Great to hear this, Robert!

There are no sane human beings

Damn, a bank with a heart, f'ing amazing.... Glad to hear it Rob.
    Being willing is not enough, we must do. - Leonardo da Vinci.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rock View Post
    Damn, a bank with a heart, f'ing amazing.... Glad to hear it Rob.
    It really is good news, but Im not letting them fool me for a second were mortaged about 100 grand over what they can get at the sheriffs sale so theyll work with you then. On a lighter note I had a few days work last week also and my gf "allowed" me to keep the $ so I placed an order and the rest was banked today

sorry to hear the bad news but read the whole thread right now and maybe things can work out, dont know exactly what stage of "foreclosure" you are at but if not down to the last steps, it can be possible to avoid foreclosure, dont want to give unwanted advice, but banks dont want land or houses, only money so it may be possible to save the home,, keep us posted and hang in there

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Fury556's Avatar

Sounds like what they are doing down here in S. Florida. A friend of mine lost his job almost a year ago and hasn't made a payment since. The bank isn't kicking him out because they know as long as someone is living there they don't have to worry about people breaking into a vacant house to steal all the appliances and yank all the copper/metal out for scrap. I've actually heard of some people living in their houses for several years without making a payment.

Hopefully you find a new job and can turn things around, wishing you the best brother.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

It really is good news, but Im not letting them fool me for a second were mortaged about 100 grand over what they can get at the sheriffs sale so theyll work with you then. On a lighter note I had a few days work last week also and my gf "allowed" me to keep the $ so I placed an order and the rest was banked today
    Hey Rob..so very sorry to hear what is going on here. My advice is to keep talking with your lender...and if you can find a reputable Real Estate Lawyer I'd do that as quickly as possible. What a lot of people do not realize is that New Jersey along with a host of other States is that they are "Recourse States"....this means if one is foreclosed on the Lender can come after you to collect taxes, money that was deficient on the term of a loan. Example, if your loan is worth $200K on the books but the Lender was only able to sell it for $150K...they can come after you for the deficient funds of $50K plus any fees for late property taxes, etc.

There are options for "short sales" if your Lender will approve it or even a "Deed in Lieu" which basically lets you deed back the property to the Lender and you walk away. Whatever you can do keep talking with your Lender and explore your options with a Real Estate Lawyer...you do have options up to and including Bankruptcy. My thoughts and prayers are with you, man.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Damn I'm glad to hear this. I know you're not exactly out of the woods yet, but at least it's not as damn grim of an outlook, there's still some chances to be had. I hope things work out as best they can for you Bud!!!
    Cars, Smoke, Homebrew, Wet Shave and a Fountain Pen. Gentlemanly pursuits.

Flatheads and Lead CigarSmokePhilosopher's Avatar

sorry to sound like an ass here, but people who live in houses for years without paying and then complain when they are finally kicked out and made homeless sicken me... You don't pay for it, why should the owner of the house suffer.

If you sold a car on payments, and the buyer stopped paying, and then you took the car back and they lost their job due to lack of transportation and called you horrible names and acted like you had no heart, how would you feel???
    The two scariest sounds you'll ever hear:
    A bang, when you expect a click //////// A click, when you expect a bang

this does suck, but good to hear that there at least working with you a bit, giving you a chance to sell, and stay in the house a bit longer, often times with some paper work sent in they will reduce your payments, this is what somone i know had to do, they dropped it from $1200 a month to either $600 or $800, cant remember which, maybe you can talk to them about it.

No longer a community member.

That's good news!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast