Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

How to fuel a space shuttle with an Opus X

This is a discussion on How to fuel a space shuttle with an Opus X within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; LMAO this is such a great thread! Nice job on that rocket...how much?...

Scotch & Cigars

Re: How to fuel a space shuttle with an Opus X

LMAO this is such a great thread! Nice job on that rocket...how much?

Quote Originally Posted by Batista30 View Post
    Thanks Chad! I waiting any moment now for the Opus Gods to strike me down with a bold of lighting for that!
    Lightning, shmightning. That rocket was a testament to their beauty. I never saw a prettier aircraft.
    Now, if you were to light them in an attempt to actually use the thing..

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Ha ha ha...awesome photos of the Opus Cigars as external tanks. I agree that the bigger the RG and length of the Opus is significant as to their overall profile..firm believe of this after trying nearly every single size a few times over. I wonder if adding some Anejos to the payload would make a difference?
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Gary, we could try. But since Mike was the engineer on the plans, I didn't want to challenge his judgement on this. However, because of the Anejo's smoother flavor profile, it might make the thrusters less jumpy and erratic. Good Idea!

Gary, we could try. But since Mike was the engineer on the plans, I didn't want to challenge his judgement on this. However, because of the Anejo's smoother flavor profile, it might make the thrusters less jumpy and erratic. Good Idea!
    Every once in a while a good idea makes its way into my head...and sadly just when I think another one is following it...it just turns out to be brain fart.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Yes, Aņejos would definitely make superior engines, but Chad set up the original parameters, and I had to engineer accordingly.
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritones View Post
    Yes, Aņejos would definitely make superior engines, but Chad set up the original parameters, and I had to engineer accordingly.
    Remember what happened to Apollo 13 when they stirred the oxygen tanks? kabooooom!!! Then they had to re engineer things to get back home on 8 watts of power ( or something like that ) to start things back up. I'm thinking the Anejos might be needed for insurance

Puffer With No Spikes shannensmall's Avatar

Funny post Mike.

Your idea isn't so far fetched. Any form of carbon based substance can be used as solid rocket fuel. Mythbusters did it with salami.
    A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Oh boy.....does this mean I'll have to construct a shuttle with Anejo thrusters as well now?

Oh boy.....does this mean I'll have to construct a shuttle with Anejo thrusters as well now?
    You got that right...you'll be needing a Command Module Pilot so let me get my resume' in order.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by shannensmall View Post
    Funny post Mike.

Your idea isn't so far fetched. Any form of carbon based substance can be used as solid rocket fuel. Mythbusters did it with salami.
    Best use of salami ever invented.
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2