Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1000th post... long read

This is a discussion on 1000th post... long read within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Back in June I we go together after work for what we call a "lot party". We got off work ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Evonnida's Avatar

1000th post... long read

Back in June I we go together after work for what we call a "lot party". We got off work at 4am, so all of the area bars had closed for the evening. We sat around our cars on the parking lot, drinking beer and a few guys lit up some cigars. They all were smoking Acid Kuba Kubas. I caught a whiff of one and I knew I had try one. I bought one the next night, in anticipation of another lot party. Sure enough, that night we stayed after, had a few drinks and I lit up the cigar, falling in love.

After that initial cigar, I decided to try some other kinds of cigars. I went to a few shops, all of which gave me some bad recommendations. I also checked out quite a few cigar forums, which i quickly joined. In those past 6 months, I have fallen so far down the slope it's not even funny. I find myself buying cigars each week, trading with others, and trying to get any new ones that I can get my hands on. Out of the 5 cigar forums I am a member of, I have only posted over 200 times on one. That one is Puff, where I now have joined the 1000 post club.

Also in those past 6 months, I have met some amazing people here on Puff. I have got some great recommendations from fellow BOTL's, been gifted some amazing cigars, been a part of numerous wonderful trades, raffles, and contests. Before I joined here and became a part of this wonderful community, I never realized that an online forum could truly bring about such brotherhood. The generosity of people on here is absolutely amazing. This includes not just with the gifting of cigars, but also advice and many other things.

This is not to say that this forum is without it's faults however. There have been numerous people that "just don't fit in" with the Puff Community. They seem to thrive on ruffling feathers and showing off. That's not what this site is about and I hope it does get corrected.

With that said, I want to thank all the members that I have interacted with for how great they have made the last 6 months on here for me. For the others I haven't interacted with, I hope that soon changes.

Sorry for the novel, it won't happen again!!!
    (Post 1000)

Re: 1000th post... long read

Congratulations on your 1000th post Erich. I hope there are many more & you continue to contribute here, like the pass that you are being sublimely patient with.

I would say dont stress on the people that tend to cause trouble as in any community (and this is a sizeable one), you are going to get people from very different walks of life and outlooks on it. The beauty of this forum is that it tends to get handled reasonably quickly and most members will get support from others when they need it, as you have seen no doubt. The ones that cause the trouble tend to fade away soon enough, apart from guys like me that you just have to put up with! LOL

We dont all see eye to eye on a many great things but that is a plus in a community as it stimulates debate & character methinks. Looking forward to seeing your continued presence.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

some say I'm a dreamer... BMack's Avatar

Congrats bro. I agree with everything you said about this forum.

Now just don't let cigars make you forget about the other hobby.

No longer a community member.

Very nice post Erich we are lucky to have ya with us Brother!

Dave

Scotch & Cigars

Congratz Erich! I will hug you when yup come visit

Well said, you have contributed to makeing this a great forum, congrats on the 1,000 post
    If you F-up, man up, take responsibility for your actions

Quote Originally Posted by Rock31 View Post
    Congratz Erich! I will hug you when yup come visit
    Oh boy.....

On another note, congrats on your 1000th post! I'm glad that we've met virtually on puff and look forward to the Jersey visit in March!

Your a good guy Erich, so I will permit the long post just this once. lol
    I agree with everything you said, this forum and its members are truly one of a kind!

Quote Originally Posted by Zfog View Post
    Your a good guy Erich, so I will permit the long post just this once. lol
    I agree with everything you said, this forum and its members are truly one of a kind!
    +1 Your one of the BOTL here that have made Puff the place for me to hang out!

Congrats on your 1000th!

Couldn't have said it better!
    I got 'em So I smoke 'em

"The Cigar & Pipe Kid" donovanrichardson's Avatar

Congratulations on your 1,000th post Erich, that's quite a load and an accomplishment!

From what I have seen, you have been a great BOTL here on Puff and done your fair share of bombing and giving great advice!

Hat's off to you and here's to another 1,000 posts!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Surfer24's Avatar

Congrats Erich, hopefully there is a lot more posts to come.

The easiest time to add insult to injury is when you're signing somebody's cast.

Leading Puffer Fish Richterscale's Avatar

Congrats man! and the read was interesting.. it's always nice to hear how folks fell down the rabbit hole!

Congrats on the 1000th posts and wish you many many more!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes CALIFORNIA KID's Avatar

congrats on the G. hope to be there in a few months.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast