Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

On a day like today it would be nice....

This is a discussion on On a day like today it would be nice.... within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; to still be in the era of when men could smoke cigars in their office and no one said a ...

Don't call it a comeback hoosiers2006's Avatar

On a day like today it would be nice....

to still be in the era of when men could smoke cigars in their office and no one said a word about it. I know I know its a silly complaint but damn it must have been nice to sit back after a 3 hour meeting and puff on a nice cigar and then discuss all the bullsh** that was just tabled. Oh well.
    Pic is Reds owner Bob Castellini enjoying a cigar in the clubhouse after winning the division. Take that statewide smoking ban!

Press the button Max! Breakaway500's Avatar

Re: On a day like today it would be nice....

I hear ya.I am lucky to be able to smoke at work whenever I feel like it.I actually get some people bitchin about the smell,but until they run the place,they can pound sand!
    When I think of all the good times that I've wasted..having good times...

Maturing Puffer Fish Consigliere's Avatar

Matt, that would be grand. My friends & I talk about that all the time. Things were definitely simplier back then weren't they? Or maybe they just seemed like they were either way, I know a good cigar at times would definitely make the day go by a little better.
    "Hey Gris, if you're not doing anything constructive, run into the living room and get my stogey." Θ Ξ

Puffer Fish with many spikes baderjkbr's Avatar

I'm lucky that I can have a cigar at work. The only problem is the x-smokers complain about the smell and smoke. So I smoke with another guy in a old garage. It's funny when I didn't smoke I never complained once. Now that they don't smoke they are baby's.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

I remember the days you could smoke a cigar at the ballgame....that was when the game wasn't tainted with all of these ego maniacs who think they are worth a million and more a year...ridiculous. I can remember when cigars could be smoked just about anywhere...now you have to walk around like a leper where people point and cough...f em.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    I remember the days you could smoke a cigar at the ballgame....that was when the game wasn't tainted with all of these ego maniacs who think they are worth a million and more a year...ridiculous. I can remember when cigars could be smoked just about anywhere...now you have to walk around like a leper where people point and cough...f em.

I am smoking in front of my computer screen i am amazed they haven't outlawed that yet. Put a sniffer in front of your monitor so no 2nd hand smoke pollutes the internet! LOL!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Don't call it a comeback hoosiers2006's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    I am smoking in front of my computer screen i am amazed they haven't outlawed that yet. Put a sniffer in front of your monitor so no 2nd hand smoke pollutes the internet! LOL!
    Enjoy it Tony! I would love to light up a cigar right now as I type this and just puff away. Actually, Im not sure what everyone would do, lol. Maybe run out of the building thinking its on fire.
    Pic is Reds owner Bob Castellini enjoying a cigar in the clubhouse after winning the division. Take that statewide smoking ban!

Those old movies in which the main male actor just walks around at ease and blows his cigar smoke as he recites dialog is just how I pictured the times past. There was a certain accepted elegance of cigar smoking which I am afraid has now taken on very different persona.

We have signs on eating establishments that state it is unlawful to smoke within 20 feet of the business. Ridiculous!
    <---- Thats my dog "Cinder" just "chillaxin" with his favorite smoking hat on The 6 thousand dollar dog!