Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need to vent a bit

This is a discussion on Need to vent a bit within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; 2 years ago I was having chest pains and palpatations, went to the V A due to my previous 2 ...

Need to vent a bit

2 years ago I was having chest pains and palpatations, went to the V A due to my previous 2 heart attacks. My Nurse Practioner said " I dont think its cardiac related" That night I had another heart attack, my BP was too low to get morphine for the pain and the weather was too bad that I had to be taken to another hospital by ambulance 1 hr instead of helicopter. So my last heart attack lasted 4 hours and I ended up having damage to my heart. So I had more similar symptoms so now since Im on welfare I went through their DRs. Im going tomorrow 8am 50 miles away for a stress test. I realy dont know why I have to drive 50 miles when the best Cardioligists are 5 miles away. Because Im over 250lbs they will do a "Toxic" test which translates to being injected with a toxin to enduce a minor heart attack. So I have to drive 50 miles be injected with a radioactive chemical that I get a reaction to due to a slight allergy to shellfish and then be poisoned for a bit and then have to drive home. I could do this through the VA but would have to drive 200 miles. I think this sucks because I served my country in ways I cannot discuss and these are the thanks I get

Re: Need to vent a bit

Thats a shame, I hate hearing about this stuff from someone who served for his country. My prayers will be with you. I wish I lived by you so I could drive you.

some say I'm a dreamer... BMack's Avatar

Sorry to hear that man. I send my best wishes.

I had to get a colored dye injected for some test I had to do a couple years ago with my heart. It was on no level comparable to your problem and I was still miserable. It was warm and irritating then made my chest feel like it was on fire... I really do feel for you.

Yep, that all has bloody knobs on it Robert. Hope it all goes as easy as possible for you mate.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Robert, keep your chin up. We may not be everywhere, but there are a lot of people in this country who appreciate everything you've done.

Have you reached out to any veteran's groups? At the very least you could have someone drive you to save you that stress. I'm a member of the Elks and we're always volunteering.

Puffer Fish with some spikes foxracer72's Avatar

Very sorry to hear, you served your country and I thank you for that from the bottom of my heat and I think that should give you the right to go wherever you like for treatment. Prayers sent for better health and a trouble free future. Take care bro.

39 04 35 N, 108 33 05 W gjcab09's Avatar

I hope all turns out for the best, Robert, that's a lot of extra stress to put on someone with a heart condition in my opinion. Good luck to you.

There are no sane human beings

Sorry to hear that Robert. I've heard simliar stories before. It just sucks big time. I hope everything goes well for you. Keep us updated on how things go. Good luck with it all buddy.

I've always said the guys that deserve it most do not get the treatment and benefits they should be entitled to. It's truly a shame the life a lot of veterans are forced to live after serving their country and doing a great deed for our freedom. Just like a lot of things with this country, somethings do not make sense and it really questions the people that have the power to make a change for the people that need it. I really wish I was in the seat to make a difference and had the power to make a change for the veterans of our country to be taken care of.

I wish you the best of luck tomorrow Robert and you will def be in my prayers tonight and tomorrow.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Reino's Avatar

Thanks for serving for us Robert! You should be able to go anywhere you need to for treatment. As many others here would,I would take you if possible. As hard as it may seem things happen for a reason and for the better.
    Our prayers are with you Brother!

No longer a community member.

Now that really sucks anyone we can write for ya! and prayers for you!

I too am grieved to hear that Robert.
    I too wish I was close enough to be able to drive you.

Please hang in there Sir and know that we are sending you our thoughts and prayers.

Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlegrin View Post
    I too am grieved to hear that Robert.
    I too wish I was close enough to be able to drive you.

Please hang in there Sir and know that we are sending you our thoughts and prayers.
    That's a great idea, anyone close enough to drive Rob and I'll pay the gas and furnish the cigars for the trip.

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    That's a great idea, anyone close enough to drive Rob and I'll pay the gas and furnish the cigars for the trip.

Anyone?

That's a wasted offer, sorry I didn't realize it's tomorrow. Good Luck Rob!

Dang, Rob, I'm sorry to hear that. It seems like the folks who've earned it most never get what they rightfully should. Thanks for your service, and I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast