Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fack You Highway!

This is a discussion on Fack You Highway! within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; God D@mn It!! Headed home tonight, cruising down the highway. All the sudden some shit come flying out from the ...

Fack You Highway!

God D@mn It!!

Headed home tonight, cruising down the highway. All the sudden some shit come flying out from the car in front of me. No idea what the heck it was. Looked like some little black plastic box or metal box. Whatever it was it was loud going under the car banging around. I tried to miss it but with cars all around it wasn't possible. So I straddled it in the center of the car and hoping it would just go right under it. Bam it hits the back left wheel and punctures a huge hole in the tire. Flat in an instant. I'm doing my best to control the car and get over to the right side of the freeway. Son of a bitch it popped in no time and whatever it was it nailed my tire. Praying to god no damage was done to the wheel. Not sure yet as I will have to take the wheel and tire into the Acura dealership to have the wheel inspected and a new tire put on.

On and what sucks! I just got the damn car on Saturday afternoon! Some of you know I had an 08 TL Type-S. Well the lease was up in two months and managed to work a deal and lease a new 2011 Type-SH AWD TL with Tech package for basically the same payment. It was a heck of a deal and now I'm pissed after blowing the tire out and possible damage to my 18" wheel in less than a week. Not to mention last year I tried to miss a pot hole so big on my older TL, it blew out both tires on the right side and smashed my wheel on that car as well. So that was easily $1200 for a new wheel and two new tires. I was so pissed.

FACK! Aight well it goes in Saturday morning to be inspected and check for any damage under the car. Doesn't appear to be as I checked when I got home. So for now a blown tire, and maybe wheel damage. I don't think there is wheel damage cause I got off the road pretty quick, so time will tell.

Ok I feel better and now it's time for.....

Scotch & Cigars

Re: Fack You Highway!

Have a drink and a Behike!

Seriously dude it sucks, just glad no one was hurt and hopefully it's just the tire!

you can get rims repaired now!

But i know how you feel. I shattered my vettes bumper on the highway. granted i dont know if i was doing the speed limit, but it ****ed it up.

You got lucky! Driving on US 395 through the center of Washoe Valley, NV and there is a huge downdraft. 2 Alaskan Geese were being pushed down by the winds. They were pumping their wings hard to gain altitude. BAM! Sounded like a gun shot inside my girlfriends Jetta. Glass everywhere! Sunglasses saved me. Goose almost cooked ME. I whipped off the road without even clutching I was so adrenaline charged. Got out and the goose was less than 12 inches from my face with the safety glass of the front windshield slowly decaying to allow the goose to fall inward to the floorboards and seats.

All my girlfriend can yell is - GET THAT F#$%^@# goose out its bleeding on my seats.
    Off duty Sherrif was 2 cars back and pulled over immediately. He had a trashbag in the back of his Blazer and wrapped his hands in it and grabbed the goose and tossed it to the side of the road.
    Called and EMS came from the local Firedept. No injuries and just small shards of glass everywhere. I was wearing shorts too so thats miraculous. Girlfriend called her mom so we could be taken to the Reno Airport and I was to depart on a flight.
    Made it!

Ive got more driving stories , but that one really takes the cake.

Now I duck when driving through that section of road even if there are no geese for 100 miles.

As long as there are not any injuries everything else can be fixed.

The real Sistine Chapel jbrown287's Avatar

Buzzards do the same damage to a vehicle and they will still fly away...damn birds. Hate to hear that about your brand new car. Sucks when it happens to anything, especially a new car.
    Why pay $100 on a therapy session when you can spend $25 on a cigar? Raul Julia
    I also suffer from Entomophobia

Leading Puffer Fish swingerofbirches's Avatar

Initially I read the thread title to be "Fack You Hemingway" ... I was about to be very disappointed in you. LOL

Sorry to hear about this, David ... hopefully the damage isn't bad and the dealership can get you fixed up and on your way in no time.
    "The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken places." - Hemingway

Oh man that fukn sucks David!!! Hey, they way I think of it, it could have been a lot worse ya know. My wife has a 05 TL and I've been telling her to get the new one, but she dont care cause it drives well. She got it brand new and its paid off, so I guess she dont want car payments..lol.

But crazy story as well...

I'm taking my dad to the airport, its about 5am, driving a 09 550i, roads are still dark. I'm on the highway 59 here and just cruising about 70. All of a sudden, I see a big ass object flipping down the highway, headed right for me! It was a fukn canoe that got unlatched from the truck in front of me. Luckily there were not many cars or this could have been a disaster!! I slam the breaks and I cant swerve to the left cause of the concrete wall and on right of me was a car. The car on right of me, swerved right, and I couldnt do anything but watch the fukn canoe hit the front bumper and roll all the way above the windshield! The numbnuts whos canoe it was stopped on the right of the freeway. He crossed it, some old buzzard! Said you ok, you ok, I'm like how the fuk did you not tie it down better! Took a picture of his license on my phone and left. He drags his canoe across the free way and put it back on top of his truck.

Car wasnt damaged badly, since it was a fiberglass canoe or some type of material that didnt cause nothing but scratches...but I said fuk that, went to BMW and got a $5400 bill. That guy calls me and tries to tell me he will give me $2K cash, I told him go buy better straps with that $2K!

But again, if there were more cars, it could have been much much worse!!

But fack the highway!! Like others said, light up a behike and a glass of crown black.

JGD

That sucks man! I just gave up my fight against the city of Baltimore because there was a metal pole that was sticking out of the sidewalk that shredded my BRAND NEW tire when I went to park. They said that they would only pay for it if I had called BEFORE the incident and reported the problem with the sidewalk. BEFORE?!?! If I knew that a ****ing METAL POLE was sticking out of the sidewalk I wouldn't have parked there!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Reino's Avatar

yea that blows, haha, no pun intended! Sorry to herar that. Hope thats all it is!

I know the feeling, well sort of. Wife went to mailbox last week, got the mail and figured she could drive and look at mail at the same time.....which she cant and she curbed the brand new Lexus. F....d up the rim all the way arround it!

At first I thought it read that someone THREW something out of the car in front of you. If that were the case I might have followed them to wherever they were going on the rim.

Sucks about your new car, hope you get it back into shape soon.

That sucks man but at least you are ok.

Dang, what a bummer!!!!

I sure am glad you are allright...

Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Puffer Fish with many spikes Mr. Slick's Avatar

Awe man that sucks, I feel your pain. I've had a few run ins and near misses with debris in the road too. Good thing it's only a tire and didn't F-up the undercarriage of the car too.

@ jbrown: I had a run in with a buzzard about a year ago. With his wings streached out that sombich was bigger than my windshield and hood!
    Why am I wasting my time talking to an A-hole like you when I could be doing something much more dangerous... like rearrageing my humidor.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

If it was I-75 then who knows, it's not really a highway but an obstacle course. Sorry to hear of your misfortune, glad it wasn't worse.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Good news as my baby is sitting inside at the local Acura dealership waiting for a new tire to arrive. Should be there Monday, so I left the car there and had the wife pick me up. Appears there was not any damage under the car or to the wheel, so it's all good. What else is crazy is I have 19" wheels on order from Acura with new tires. I decided to upgrade the 18" wheels when I bought the car, but they had to special order the 19" wheels and tires. They should be here in a couple of weeks. Sucks I'm buying a new tire to use for two weeks, then the new wheels and tires will go on. However I would have had to buy a new tire regardless cause the wheels and tires that came with the car will go back to Acura when they put the new ones on the car.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast