Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Finally, a good day this year

This is a discussion on Finally, a good day this year within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; So ever since November life has been stressful for my family. It started with my grandpa dying. Once we were ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish carpenter's Avatar

Finally, a good day this year

So ever since November life has been stressful for my family. It started with my grandpa dying. Once we were over that hump my brother came home from Colorado for the holidays. We'll the day before he was suppose to go home my dad and him got hit by another vehicle, almost head on. My dad had 3 broken ribs but my brother was in much worse shape, he had swelling in his brain and he was not able to talk for almost a week.

He was in critical care for a couple weeks, then from there he went to a rehabilitation center for people with brain injuries, from there he went to another place where it was more independent living but they could keep an eye on him. Well this all happened at the end of December and he finally got out today.

He still needs to stay in Michigan for a few more weeks to be re-certified for his drivers license and do some outpatient therapy, but he has mostly recovered.

On top of all this I was also finally able to go back to work full time today to rebuild a condo that someone burnt down 3 weeks ago while I was framing it.

After the past 6 months I just had to share my good news.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Re: Finally, a good day this year

sorry for the loss of your grandfather,and the accident. I am glad to see your father and brother are doing better and you landed back on your feet.

No longer a community member.

Hang in there Justin, That's a lot to carry! My best to you and your family.

Justin, life can be trying sometimes. Keep thinking about the good things and stay positive! Congrats on your good day
    I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.
    ―Joe Walsh

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish carpenter's Avatar

Thanks everyone. Everyone goes through tough times and this is just my families time, but hopefully it is over.

I wasn't really looking for sympathy because overall life is good, I was just excited my brother is finally out and had to share it.

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter View Post
    Thanks everyone. Everyone goes through tough times and this is just my families time, but hopefully it is over.

I wasn't really looking for sympathy because overall life is good, I was just excited my brother is finally out and had to share it.

Very Cool, I call it support brother. That's good news it's nice to have some mixed in with the bad, I can relate myself. people here have kept me sane or mostly myself!

Scotch & Cigars

Justin hang in there brother, things will get better!

Be strong and if you ever need anything Puff is here.

Prayers are with you guys.

I'm glad things are starting to turn around for you.