Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Things I Learned In Puff Chat

This is a discussion on Things I Learned In Puff Chat within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I'm making this thread for everyone to post in, hoping that we can keep it active with things said in ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Macke's Avatar

Things I Learned In Puff Chat

I'm making this thread for everyone to post in, hoping that we can keep it active with things said in chat both funny and helpful!

Please keep it clean, and be sure to stay within normal posting limits so we can keep this going! Also please make sure people are comfortable with you posting

Today I learned that "Herfadrunk" is an actual term that involves saying goofy shit and not making sense due to excess drinking while herfing.

What have you guys learned?
    Good friends are like good cigars, the longer you have them, the better they get

Re: Things I Learned In Puff Chat

I've learned that I do not know enough peoples first names. Thanks for posting up the thread Jeremiah!
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

I learned that if you give your phone number to particular puff members they will text you dirty things. Though, I wish I hadn't.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Macke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    I've learned that I do not know enough peoples first names. Thanks for posting up the thread Jeremiah!
    You're more than welcome Joseph!
    Good friends are like good cigars, the longer you have them, the better they get

Pale Horse

I learned how to cook steak sous-vide from David(_ESM)!

The main thing I learned though was that the chat is the best avenue to really get to know fellow Puffers and make this more meaningful than just a forum of folks who smoke and drink

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Horse View Post

The main thing I learned though was that the chat is the best avenue to really get to know fellow Puffers and make this more meaningful than just a forum of folks who smoke and drink
    Nicely said.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Certified Clubbin'-Seal HugSeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Horse View Post
    I learned how to cook steak sous-vide from David(_ESM)!

And I missed that. Been thinking about getting some sous-vide equipment.

And I agree fully with the second part. The chat is awesome

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Pale Horse nailed it!

Puff chat makes Puff more personal and is the best way to learn more about cigars, get to know fellow Puffers and make new friends.

Gentlemen and ladies, thank you for your time, knowledge, and friendship!
    Last edited by AStateJB; 12-13-2011 at 07:39 AM.
    Hangin' out with Friends

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AStateJB View Post
    Pale Horse nailed it!

Puff chat makes Puff more personal and is the best way to learn more about cigars, get to know fellow Puffers and make new friends.

Gentlemen, thank you for your time, knowledge, and friendship!
    +1. No use trying to come up with a better response (except maybe including the word Ladies along with Gentlemen)
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcgreggor57 View Post
    +1. No use trying to come up with a better response (except maybe including the word Ladies along with Gentlemen)
    Good catch Gregg! Fixed.
    Hangin' out with Friends

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HugSeal View Post
    And I missed that. Been thinking about getting some sous-vide equipment.
    Before you go and spend a couple hundred bucks doing that, here is the same link I gave Aaron. Cook Your Meat in a Beer Cooler: The World's Best (and Cheapest) Sous-Vide Hack | Serious Eats

And photos of two of my early attempts, first try:

Second:
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Certified Clubbin'-Seal HugSeal's Avatar

That is some nicely cooked meat i must say. i don't really like ashed potatoes. But that meat... mmmmmmm

Elder Puffer Fish Leader primetime76's Avatar

Hey! You learned that kipp is a douche!
    It is easier to ask for forgivness than to ask for permission!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HugSeal View Post
    That is some nicely cooked meat i must say. i don't really like ashed potatoes. But that meat... mmmmmmm
    In the second photo it isn't mashed potatoes, it is a sweet potato puree with brown sugar, butter and little cream.
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Pale Horse

Bjorn definitely try the beer cooler sous-vide technique before buying a lot of very expensive equipment. I'm perfectly satisfied with the cooler's performance, and I love when I find a low tech, and especially a low cost, way to do something

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast