Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

My Dog is Gone...Not "Gone"...Just Gone!

This is a discussion on My Dog is Gone...Not "Gone"...Just Gone! within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Yep, my little dog of 5 years and 3 months is gone to a new owner. He was my buddy...BUT, ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

My Dog is Gone...Not "Gone"...Just Gone!

Yep, my little dog of 5 years and 3 months is gone to a new owner. He was my buddy...BUT, I was never home enough to give him the love that he deserved. My wife and daughters hated him because he was never "successfully" housebroken and none of us like a reoccurring mess in the house. We tried...but with my girls not "caring" for him...he'd make mistakes. So, he was left to be loved by my son and I. He also annoyed the heck out of my wife as he was under her feet constantly...

I know, I know, thats what dogs do...but oh, the things we will do for our families...and especially our wife!

His name was "Tater Tot"! He was a BichonPoo (Bichon Frise - Poodle mix), small, shaped kinda like a tater tot...and FULL of energy.

He went to a good home with young kids, a cat...and a few chickens! So, he should be in "dog heaven" to live the rest of his days...as well as get the attention he deserves AND requires...

This thread is for nothing more than for me to "vent" about my "loss"...as I was extremely sad yesterday when he left with some strangers...

I don't regret it...at all, just a bit sad.

Tater Tot, I love you buddy & I will miss you!

Signing off...
    Tommy

He can been seen here, locked up in his cage...now free to roam!

Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Elder Puffer Fish Leader primetime76's Avatar

Re: My Dog is Gone...Not "Gone"...Just Gone!

I feel you buddy...I have two labs at home, one is my baby, the other we took out of pity...she isn't "our" dog. So now both of them spend most of their time in the kitchen, because the Black Lab (not my baby) is too rough and will end up trampling one of the kids. We should find a home for her and keep Josie (my first baby, and such a gentle girl) and allow her to be a part of the family...the other hard part is that the boys know that there is Josie and Missy...and I think that they would miss her...even their interaction is limited. Tough decision you made there buddy...don't envy it one bit. Smoke something nice and know that Tater Tot is running around, chasing chickens and having the time of his (or her) life.
    It is easier to ask for forgivness than to ask for permission!

Alpha Puffer Fish Damselnotindistress's Avatar

...he's happy now. I've been bringing stray dogs home since I was 9. And I'm the kind of individual who refuses to keep my dogs on leashes - while at home that is. I'm insistent they have space to run around in, or have free reign in the house - via paper training. Seeing him in the cage turned my heart all kinds of way distressed for him! I'm happy for you both that you took his needs into mind when you surrendered him to a good open fun-filled life. Way to go!

I can certainly sympathize. Many times I thought that Buddy (my Basset) would be better in a different home. Selfishly, though, I'm glad I never acted on those thoughts. He seems to be pretty damn happy these days, too, now that his puppy energy is gone and he's calmed down. [knock on wood] It's been a couple months since his last "accident" and a couple years since he last decided to shred an electrical cable...

Now I did end up with an impulse-buy of a puppy a few months ago that ended up going to a friend. Very smart little collie/misc small curly-hair dog mix. She was too much for my Basset, though. She wanted to play 24/7; he wanted to play for a few minutes every evening after his feeding/defecation routine. Poor Basset had to take refuge on the couch where she couldn't reach.

She's in a good home now, though. She gets to be the center of attention. My only regret is that they changed her name to Cali.

Many small breeds are notoriously difficult to potty train. Comes with the territory I guess. Maybe the new owner will figure it out or be able to tolerate it. Looks like a dead ringer for a Shih Tzu but I don't know a damn thing about toy breeds and designer mutts.

Glad he's got a place to fit in a little bit better.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by primetime76 View Post
    I feel you buddy...I have two labs at home, one is my baby, the other we took out of pity...she isn't "our" dog. So now both of them spend most of their time in the kitchen, because the Black Lab (not my baby) is too rough and will end up trampling one of the kids. We should find a home for her and keep Josie (my first baby, and such a gentle girl) and allow her to be a part of the family...the other hard part is that the boys know that there is Josie and Missy...and I think that they would miss her...even their interaction is limited. Tough decision you made there buddy...don't envy it one bit. Smoke something nice and know that Tater Tot is running around, chasing chickens and having the time of his (or her) life.
    Thanks Kipp! I received an email after posting this...from the new owner and she said that he did well, ran like crazy in their yard...before being put into his bed in the warm home. She also said that he about wore out her three kids and chased a chicken!

The best part (for me) about his new family...is that they loved his name (it also happened to be their son's nickname) and that won't change!

Quote Originally Posted by Damselnotindistress View Post
    ...he's happy now. I've been bringing stray dogs home since I was 9. And I'm the kind of individual who refuses to keep my dogs on leashes - while at home that is. I'm insistent they have space to run around in, or have free reign in the house - via paper training. Seeing him in the cage turned my heart all kinds of way distressed for him! I'm happy for you both that you took his needs into mind when you surrendered him to a good open fun-filled life. Way to go!
    I hear you...it breaks my heart looking at him in his kennel too...knowing that I had chosen to "lock" him up from time to time...but no more kennel (so they promised!)! Thanks Janet!

Quote Originally Posted by Deviate View Post
    I can certainly sympathize. Many times I thought that Buddy (my Basset) would be better in a different home. Selfishly, though, I'm glad I never acted on those thoughts. He seems to be pretty damn happy these days, too, now that his puppy energy is gone and he's calmed down. [knock on wood] It's been a couple months since his last "accident" and a couple years since he last decided to shred an electrical cable...

Now I did end up with an impulse-buy of a puppy a few months ago that ended up going to a friend. Very smart little collie/misc small curly-hair dog mix. She was too much for my Basset, though. She wanted to play 24/7; he wanted to play for a few minutes every evening after his feeding/defecation routine. Poor Basset had to take refuge on the couch where she couldn't reach.

She's in a good home now, though. She gets to be the center of attention. My only regret is that they changed her name to Cali.
    I feel your pain Lee, I am sorry for the "loss" you went through as well...you know that little sucker is one happy girl now! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Noob View Post
    Many small breeds are notoriously difficult to potty train. Comes with the territory I guess. Maybe the new owner will figure it out or be able to tolerate it. Looks like a dead ringer for a Shih Tzu but I don't know a damn thing about toy breeds and designer mutts.

Glad he's got a place to fit in a little bit better.
    Thanks Jonathan...he's much happier...that I am sure of!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

I applaud you for really doing the right thing. Must have been difficult.
    I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
    Edgar Allan Poe