Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

All but mortgage

This is a discussion on All but mortgage within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Ladies and Gents, I posted a story about this is Smelvis's (Smelvii?) post of Please us a budget, but here ...

No longer a community member.

All but mortgage

Ladies and Gents,

I posted a story about this is Smelvis's (Smelvii?) post of Please us a budget, but here it is again.

My wife and I added up our finances 14 months ago to find out that we were 28k in debt and didn't even realize it. Needless to say we changed everything! We gave up a lot of stuff initially and started our way down the path of becomming debt free. My wife quit working to go to school full time and has just started her RN degree to pursue her dream job. I already had a second job teaching at the Fire Academy in my area. Then I took over the entire testing process for 7 local fire departments for people to get hired as Firefighters. This job is a monday through friday gig that last 6 months at a time. After several months of working over 340 hours a month I am beyond proud and excited that today I write my last debt payment of $4,400. We are now officially debt free but our mortgage!!! Please take control of your finances before you get to where we were, you will be amazed at how good it feels to live debt free! Thanks for listening and watch out fellow puffers, many more bombs to come out my man cave.

Re: All but mortgage

Congrats, Brad and the better half! Can you imagine the feeling of paying off the mortgage? That will call for a special smoke, maybe lit with the bank note.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Wow!

Congratulations Brad!

I am proud of you for getting that off of your back!
    Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

You're a gazelle for sure. Way to go!
    Man I wish I had something witty and inspiring to say. Or even a URL to share.

A. Awesome - that is a great job.

B. Uh....that says it all. Seriously - major congratulations on beating the debt dragon.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tan18_01's Avatar

Congratulations!
    Must feel good to tick that box on the priority list.

Very impressive!!! Inspiring as well. Gotta have a plan. I read once "That which gets measured gets done" It applies to whatever your goals are. What did you smoke to celebrate?

Wow Brad WTG what a great feeling huh brother. Very proud you should be!

Thank you all for the nice comments and RG bumps, very kind of you. As far as a celebratory cigar I have not decided yet. Going to take my wife out to dinner first!

wow, gratz man! Not really much more I can say other than I'll be glad when I get where you are now. Major accomplishment...better be a good dinner!
    You can't be friends with a squirrel! A squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit.
    My Personal Blog: Out of Shadow

Wow, congrats, not only on the elimanated debt, but your wife becoming an RN, mine is doing the same, a thankless job-much like yours....enjoy the piece of mind and now make those extra mortgage payments to get that done
    If you F-up, man up, take responsibility for your actions

Puffer Fish with some spikes The Cigar Nut's Avatar

Congrats! I am about 2 months into the process you went through and I can barley see the light - good to hear someone who has done it successfully! Any special smoke to celebrate?!

Very nice. congrats.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Congrats, I hope to be where you are one day. Congrats Again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast