Just a couple of things about the mower, nothing major. The blade will
need to be tensioned slightly before each use with a 16mm spanner, as
the original fibre washer wore out and could not be sourced from
anywhere!? I replaced it with a homemade teflon one. Doesn't need much
, more of a check. It will rattle loose if this isn't done at least
every second use.
The oil hasn't even been checked for a couple of years.
I was fooled into thinking there was a problem with pull start
mechanism, then maybe an internal problem, by the ripcord being
stripped out of my hand on compression stroke when starting. This this
turned out to be again linked to the loose blade.
The only reason I thought this mower had had it completely was that
after I put it back together and started it without losing fingers or
a blade, it ran better than ever for 2 laps of the yard, then died
again, never to even fire. I let out some profanities, then a WOO HOO!
and decided to buy a new one.
After buying and using new, more powerful mower, put everything away
in the shed, pushed the sparkplug lead onto old mower properly, and
started the bugger on the first half a pull. I then walked outside ,
looked at the lawn and said "The old one did a better job!"
I hope this mower serves you guys well.