Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Blew My Own Mind

This is a discussion on Blew My Own Mind within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; To more fully address your point, I've thought about this same sort of thing. What I came up with is ...

Re: Blew My Own Mind

To more fully address your point, I've thought about this same sort of thing. What I came up with is that the universe began with a "big boom" where a quantum singularity expanded rapidly to form the universe. Some theoretical physicists believe the universe will eventually collapse back onto itself forming a new quantum singularity from whence a new big bang can occur. Repeat this ad nauseaum and eventually all the atoms that make us up will eventually form something else, maybe a chair or a rock or an apple or a fire ant. Perhaps the atoms that are now in you and in that fire ant once made up something else, which is why you feel that connection.

/totally sober at the moment
    //this is just stuff I think about
    “When truth is replaced by silence,the silence is a lie.” Yevgeny Yevtushenko

Quote Originally Posted by Cmdio View Post
    Repeat this ad nauseaum and eventually all the atoms that make us up will eventually form something else, maybe a chair or a rock or an apple or a fire ant.
    definitely would form shuckins... he might get lonely though if none of us are around to vherf with him.

Leading Puffer Fish

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Young Fish

then you killed the ant!

Did you ever think that the fire ant might not be a fire ant at all? We construct our reality by having the information from our senses modulate intrinsic brain activity. We cannot actually see "reality" we only see how "reality" changes our brain activity. That fire ant could just be a point in space that has certain properties that change our brain activity to think that we see a fire ant.
    You mean like do you see blue as I do? Do strawberries taste the same to you as they do to me? I have gone that deep before, lol. I love it there.
    You might find that smoke blown out clears your mind of shadows within.

Perhaps the atoms that are now in you and in that fire ant once made up something else, which is why you feel that connection.
    I didn't really feel a connection, I just stopped and thought about it, but great insight!

I had a thought once, but it was in a strange place and got scared...
    ********.com

maybe 50 years ago you & the ant were friends

ant friends.....
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night. - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy1982 View Post
    You mean like do you see blue as I do? Do strawberries taste the same to you as they do to me? I have gone that deep before, lol. I love it there.
    I've often wondered if my perception of colors is the same as everyone else. If I were to see the world through your eyes, would your blues look like orange to me?
    NomoMoMo's Cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/nomomomo
    Sarcasm is wasted on cats...

Quote Originally Posted by NomoMoMo View Post
    I've often wondered if my perception of colors is the same as everyone else. If I were to see the world through your eyes, would your blues look like orange to me?
    Precisely, but then again, is there even really an orange, or is it just part of this multifaceted fig-mental existence of mine? In which I am truly the only one, and everything is built for my perception and mine alone, even you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy1982 View Post
    Precisely, but then again, is there even really an orange, or is it just part of this multifaceted fig-mental existence of mine? In which I am truly the only one, and everything is built for my perception and mine alone, even you.
    I don't think so, you don't exist to me...
    NomoMoMo's Cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/nomomomo
    Sarcasm is wasted on cats...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2