Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

A moment for fallen lighters

This is a discussion on A moment for fallen lighters within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; If you've been smoking for a while, I'm sure you've had lighters die, lost, stolen, etc... Lets take a moment ...

A moment for fallen lighters

If you've been smoking for a while, I'm sure you've had lighters die, lost, stolen, etc...

Lets take a moment to remember these great lighters.

Feel free to share your memories.
    Recently I left my ole trusty black pipe zippo at a local B&M, go back a few hours later and it's gone

Well ole trusty pipe lighter. You served me well, you were my favorite pipe lighter, always lit under windy conditions, the dents and nicks in your paint and case were well earned. We shared some great times bringing friends to the wonderful world of pipe smoking. You will be sorely missed. Remember, the next one that comes to replace your position, will never replace the spot you have in my heart

At least I got this awesome lotus to keep my pipes lit

That reminds me of this awesome blazer I had...still have. Sucker worked for like 2 years until we went on a winter vacation with friends. There was snow on the ground, we rented a house, smoked many cigars in a hot tub... Alas I believe the humidity or something was too great for the mighty blazer, and now it refuses to light. lil bastard needs to be taken apart and have some surgery done lawl

Puffer Fish with some spikes NovaBiscuit's Avatar

Re: A moment for fallen lighters

Back before I smoked I collected Zippos. Had one that was a cheap, simple one, but it was my first real Zippo and I loved it. I was sharing a room with my cousin back then (long story but basically they moved in with my grandparents "temporarily" when my family was there as we saved to get a house, they're still there by the way). One day I can't find that particular lighter on my desk, all my other ones were where I put them but that one was gone.

Fast forward a few years, and I visit my cousin and see a Zippo exactly like my lost love. While he's distracted I check the date on it (I liked to know the dates on the lighters, and that particular one was the month/year I got my black belt, so I remembered it.) Asked about it and was told by him it was "some shit lighter [he] found. [He] thinks it's broken because it dries up in a few weeks but his 'lighter expert' pal said they should hold fluid for years.

I've never been one to start fights with my family (even though I had plenty of times it was justified). I just hope he didn't throw you away or mess you up, first Zippo

Since then I've started engraving my lighters XD

Sorry to hear of your loss mate and Rest In Peace my 1994 Harley Davidson Zippo lost into the sands of time.

Back in high school I had a Zippo with a Joker on it that I stole from a friend named Justin. Before I stole it from him he stole it from another friend and so on. In fact I was the 6th owner of said lighter and No one ever paid for it. It was originally stolen from the knife shop in The Buena Park Mall.
    One night While at a house party I pulled out my Joker Zippo (witch I had managed to hang onto for 3 weeks. longer then anyone else) to light a cigarette and my friend Justin knocked it from my hand. Another guy grabbed it and this went on for the entire night. the lighter changed hands allot. At the end of the night it ended up sitting on the floor next to a guy that has a fear of Jokers. He had a machete next to him (whole other story) and proceded to bash the Zippo with the machete thus killing the lighter.

But from that lighter's death rose the Franken Zippo. A Zippo I had pieced togeather from other broken Zippos. 3 months later while Passed out drunk The franken Zippo was stolen.

I have many more Fallen lighter stories but that is the most interesting.
    ---------------> hollymccrary <--------------- click this NOW!!!!!!

IT'S A BLOODY MIRACLE!!!!

I walk in the other day, and the dude behind the counter is like, HEY! I think I found your zippo? Only reason he knew it was mine is because I was asking him to order me a new one. AHHHH I'm so freaking geeked!

Today, I washed one of my Ronson Jetlights. Went through all three cycles in an industrial sized front loader.

Figured it was history but it lit on the second click.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Quote Originally Posted by Vicini View Post
    It was originally stolen from the knife shop in The Buena Park Mall.
    Seriously? When did this happen? I managed that store from 1987-1997. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DarrelMorris View Post
    Compounded interest and money to stay quiet, that lighter comes to $390,442.71

Cash or credit?

Quote Originally Posted by DarrelMorris View Post
    Would have been in that time. I believe 96 or early 97. I wasn't the one to originally take it and honestly I don't remember who the original thief was. But if you managed the store then you would know "groovy" and if so. would you believe I found someone better at sharpening a blade then him?
    ---------------> hollymccrary <--------------- click this NOW!!!!!!