Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 57

Clear the air

This is a discussion on Clear the air within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by capttrips And therein lies your problem. You asked, I answered. Was it to honest for you? Did ...

  
  1. #16

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Clear the air

    Quote Originally Posted by capttrips View Post

    And therein lies your problem. You asked, I answered. Was it to honest for you? Did your feelings get hurt?
    You're putting way too much into what people think about you.
    No Dave, you are way more offensive at every turn than I, and nobody seems to notice it. You can be honest without being disrespectful. Furthermore, you joined around the same time as me, I hardly think it appropriate that you should be telling people what they can and can't post. You just poked the bear and the bear bit.

  2. #17

    Puffer Fish with many spikes johnb's Avatar


     

    Re: Clear the air


  3. #18

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Clear the air

    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Fair enough John. You'll understand my frustration that people leap on me and Dave is just dandy.

  4. #19

    Grumpy Gorilla hardcz's Avatar


     

    Re: Clear the air

    Honestly Leigh, you come off as abrasive. One moment you're starting threads that lead people to wonder if you're trolling or not, which when they ask or post saying they're not sure, that should be a note to you that, "hey maybe I'm not coming across clear" Then the next post you're saying you're sorry and things weren't understood, explaining how good of a person you are, and then immediately reply telling someone to stick something up their ass.

    I've relegated you to someone who is socially awkward, probably won't "get it" for years to come, or unless there's some life changing moment. I've given you several chances in my book, though you seem to shat all over them, even if it's not directly towards me.

    So I'll end this reply with what Obi Wan says the best...


  5. #20

    Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar


     

    Re: Clear the air

    Hey Leigh, some friendly advice from a guy who has been on your side, and supportive since you joined...Lay low for a while. I think that at least some of what has been happening is due to the format we are participating in...the typed word. But I also think that two other things are happening.f

    1. People are gunning for you a bit, and playing a bit of the bully role...you react to their smart-alec comments, so they post them. You fire back, and it escalates...ultimately, nobody wins.

    2. I think that you are a bit hyper sensitive to what others post, and your nature is not to sit back and let stuff roll off your shoulders...you take affront, and fire back with a comment and then it's like a snake eating it's tail...going round, and round.

    You and I have had some great interactions, via posts, and PM, so I know you're a pretty damn OK fella! I'm not sure why we can get along, but the forum as a whole is gunning for you. Hell, I'm as inflammatory as they come, but somehow I manage to fit in. I think it's all a matter of choosing your battles and standing up when you really need to. If you have questions, search for the answer, then if you still have a question post a thread. We all love to share info, but none of us really love to continually repost the same information...I think that is a little of the gripes some senior members have.

    The last bit of unsolicited advice I would post is...think of your question/response/etc...type it out...re-read it...then post it.

    I will continue to look at you as a PUFF buddy, and I hope things get easier for you!

    Jason
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

  6. #21

    Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar


     

    Re: Clear the air

    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

  7. #22

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Clear the air

    Quote Originally Posted by hardcz View Post
    Honestly Leigh, you come off as abrasive. One moment you're starting threads that lead people to wonder if you're trolling or not, which when they ask or post saying they're not sure, that should be a note to you that, "hey maybe I'm not coming across clear" Then the next post you're saying you're sorry and things weren't understood, explaining how good of a person you are, and then immediately reply telling someone to stick something up their ass.

    I've relegated you to someone who is socially awkward, probably won't "get it" for years to come, or unless there's some life changing moment. I've given you several chances in my book, though you seem to shat all over them, even if it's not directly towards me.

    So I'll end this reply with what Obi Wan says the best...

    That's fair enough John. I don't think you've got me pegged quite right, but the pic was funny!

  8. #23

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Clear the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Packerjh View Post
    Hey Leigh, some friendly advice from a guy who has been on your side, and supportive since you joined...Lay low for a while. I think that at least some of what has been happening is due to the format we are participating in...the typed word. But I also think that two other things are happening.f

    1. People are gunning for you a bit, and playing a bit of the bully role...you react to their smart-alec comments, so they post them. You fire back, and it escalates...ultimately, nobody wins.

    2. I think that you are a bit hyper sensitive to what others post, and your nature is not to sit back and let stuff roll off your shoulders...you take affront, and fire back with a comment and then it's like a snake eating it's tail...going round, and round.

    You and I have had some great interactions, via posts, and PM, so I know you're a pretty damn OK fella! I'm not sure why we can get along, but the forum as a whole is gunning for you. Hell, I'm as inflammatory as they come, but somehow I manage to fit in. I think it's all a matter of choosing your battles and standing up when you really need to. If you have questions, search for the answer, then if you still have a question post a thread. We all love to share info, but none of us really love to continually repost the same information...I think that is a little of the gripes some senior members have.

    The last bit of unsolicited advice I would post is...think of your question/response/etc...type it out...re-read it...then post it.

    I will continue to look at you as a PUFF buddy, and I hope things get easier for you!

    Jason
    I think you've hit it on the head there.

  9. #24

    Alpha Puffer Fish capttrips's Avatar


     

    Re: Clear the air

    Ok, I now feel sorry for you. I'm sorry for all the meanness. I will accept you for who you are. I will no longer pick on you. Please forgive me.
    I had the right to remain silent...unfortunately, I didn't have the ability.............Ron White

  10. #25

    Grumpy Gorilla hardcz's Avatar


     

    Re: Clear the air

    Quote Originally Posted by capttrips View Post
    Ok, I now feel sorry for you. I'm sorry for all the meanness. I will accept you for who you are. I will no longer pick on you. Please forgive me.
    Man up Dave.

  11. #26

    Grumpy Gorilla hardcz's Avatar


     

    Re: Clear the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleigh View Post
    That's fair enough John. I don't think you've got me pegged quite right, but the pic was funny!
    wish my name was John...

  12. #27

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Clear the air

    Quote Originally Posted by hardcz View Post
    wish my name was John...
    Brain fart. Sorry Dan.

  13. #28

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Clear the air

    This thread was unsuccessful in achieving its aims. I'm out.

  14. #29

    Puffer Fish with many spikes johnb's Avatar


     

    Re: Clear the air

    ok this is my final 0.02
    we got off on the wrong foot over your first bombing thread... but all smoothed over. i have tried to remain as impartial as possible. but here it is.. if i were you, I would stop starting threads for a bit, post and contribute as you feel fit but for goodness sakes GO INTO CHAT.. hang out there for a while get cool with people and i swear the world of puff will open right up.. i went into chat right when I joined and then started vherf once I got to know the guys and have had a great experience here..
    I wish you all the best leigh and do hope things turn around for you

  15. #30

    ............. NomoMoMo's Avatar


     

    Re: Clear the air

    Quote Originally Posted by hardcz View Post
    wish my name was John...
    He knows...he's just giving you a senility test...


    ...so do you know what year it is?
    NomoMoMo's Cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/nomomomo
    Sarcasm is wasted on cats...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •