Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Clear the air

This is a discussion on Clear the air within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by NomoMoMo He knows...he's just giving you a senility test... ...so do you know what year it is? ...

Re: Clear the air

Quote Originally Posted by NomoMoMo View Post
    He knows...he's just giving you a senility test...

...so do you know what year it is?

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capttrips View Post
    Where's the "I could give a s+++" emoticon. If you want to talk cigars come and talk cigars. If you want to post silly threads (sorta like this one) or want therapy go to another site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleigh View Post
    Ok Dave, you can**** right off. This is in the banter section. And people call me a troll!
    Why you both aren't on each other's ignore lists is beyond me.

Dave, while excessive sensitivity might be annoying, I think you'll find that here at Puff, antagonism and a bullying attitude are frowned upon equally as much, and in fact more so. If you don't like Leigh's posts, put him on ignore. Pursuing him with posts like "I could give a shit" in order to get a rise out of him is uncalled for and has no place on this board.

Leigh, it's precisely these types of responses that cause problems. I say this purely for your own good - if you want to be comfortable here, or anywhere on the internet, you need to learn to ignore guys who are trying to get a rise out of you. There are guys everywhere who want to antagonize, and you're a perfect target because you can't resist yelling back. Don't give them the satisfaction. Put them on ignore and move on.
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish smokin3000gt's Avatar

Leigh we haven't spoken I don't have any issues with you but from what I see it seems you are trying too hard to fit in when you should sit back, relax, and just be cool. Eventually everything will work itself out. Jason (Packer) and Johnb have both given great advice IMO.

Great points Derek. That's why I have both these fellas on ignore myself

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

This thread was unsuccessful in achieving its aims. I'm out.
    Leigh, I respectfully disagree. You asked the members to "air their grievances" and they have. Unless you were aiming for a different kind of response, from what I can see, you've gotten some great advice!
    Last edited by Blaylock; 09-04-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Full grown Puffer Fish Bunnosaurusrex's Avatar

"shakes head and walks away"...

Leigh I don't know you and quite honestly I don't really care to based on your reactionary responses. I love this site because of how friendly and helpful its members are. I come to this site to relax and learn, not to read arguments over petty crap. Many, if not most forums on the net are debased by people who feel the need to be negative and start and fuel petty arguments. If you have a gripe with someone please settle it in pm or let it roll off your back. Despite what you may think at the moment Puff is a very friendly and helpful place. It is this way not because the members are extraordinarily nice, but rather because most of the members, and the mod staff, go out of their way to be civil, friendly, and helpful.

And just remember...

MWM's King of Funk Brettanomyces's Avatar

Leigh, I don't know if you're still reading this, and I don't know if you care about my thoughts on the matter, given that we have never really talked, but I think the key to this whole drama is hidden in this very thread.

Here's my take, for whatever it may be worth. In making statements like "my personality is what it is," you're attempting to relieve yourself of responsibility for what you post. Everyone's personality "is what it is," and there is no expectation upon anyone to radically change their personalities here. You can and should take control and responsibility for what you post. Next time you post something in response to someone else, take advantage of the ample time you have to work with in a communication medium like this online forum and consider the advice you have been given here, consider what to type, and take responsibility for it, for better or worse. With a little effort, it could be for the better the majority of the time.

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaylock View Post
    Leigh, I respectfully disagree. You asked the members to "air their grievances" and they have. Unless you were aiming for a different kind of response, from what I can see, you've gotten some great advice!
    I hate the undertone of your response sir, but I do take its message.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnosaurusrex View Post
    "shakes head and walks away"...
    Oh FFS. Hang on Paul, I'm coming too.......
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Puffer Fish with many spikes johnb's Avatar

i cant tell if that is sarcasm or not..
    I hate the undertone of your response sir, but I do take its message.

It seems to me that some people forget that this is a hobby. We all come here to forget about the everyday bullshit and come here to have a good time, but some people just want to make themself feel better by picking on people, yes it is fun to make fun of someone but to cross that line and say stupid shit on someones thread is not neccessary and childish. It seems to me, that Leigh wants to put all the problems hes had with some people "behind us", and move on, but some people wont let it go, it seems like they are always after him, just waiting for him to post something to start bashing him. Thats not why we are here, we are here to learn and have fun in this wonderful hobby... its still a hobby right???
    - Sin City Bomber -

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    i cant tell if that is sarcasm or not..
    It honestly wasn't, I understand what was being said.

Quote Originally Posted by exprime8 View Post
    It seems to me that some people forget that this is a hobby. We all come here to forget about the everyday bullshit and come here to have a good time, but some people just want to make themself feel better by picking on people, yes it is fun to make fun of someone but to cross that line and say stupid shit on someones thread is not neccessary and childish. It seems to me, that Leigh wants to put all the problems hes had with some people "behind us", and move on, but some people wont let it go, it seems like they are always after him, just waiting for him to post something to start bashing him. Thats not why we are here, we are here to learn and have fun in this wonderful hobby... its still a hobby right???
    Thanks bud. Let's call this closed, thanks for all responses.

Personally, unless someone is racist, unforgivably insulting (highly debatable) or irrefutably sexist, there is no right call to judge anyone until I've met them, and that's something I make sure to live by. Forums though, be they for this, for games, for movies, or for anything else.. have always like the internet encourages, been much more... critical than would be considered normal.

The internet is as it is, sometimes it's better to just not take yourself too seriously, or take others too seriously or think too seriously.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast