Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Clear the air

This is a discussion on Clear the air within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Didn't think this would keep escalating. I thought the only issue people had was the 56 threads started in less ...

Re: Clear the air

Didn't think this would keep escalating. I thought the only issue people had was the 56 threads started in less than 3 months. If that is the problem for some, I think just starting a single thread that is constantly running and is just a place you ask questions might be a compromise. Thoughts?

Outside of that I haven't paid a lot of attention so I'm not clued in on what the issues are. You seem like a very curious person that likes to pose random questions. I think chat or PM might be the best methods for a lot of the material. I will say that the "air out your grievances" line followed by several "close it up" comments makes the entire premise of the thread seem disingenuous. You asked for feedback and are getting it.

Put a moratorium on threads for a few months, sit back and post, maybe hit up chat or vherf like you mentioned and see if this is a place you want to be. Not everyone is here to pile on and guys like Jason are being very supportive. Don't take that for granted. On the flip side, not everyone here is a great guy to interact with. Some people are piranhas and just pile on when they feel others have done it. That's life. Like many have said, the ignore feature is everyone's friend.

Hope everything gets figured out, I wish you luck.

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

That was well said...er...typed Jonathan!

RG for you!
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

Pale Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Noob View Post
    Didn't think this would keep escalating. I thought the only issue people had was the 56 threads started in less than 3 months. If that is the problem for some, I think just starting a single thread that is constantly running and is just a place you ask questions might be a compromise. Thoughts?
    I second this, terrific idea

Full grown Puffer Fish

Geeeez. Now I understand why Freud smoked cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmax View Post
    Geeeez. Now I understand why Freud smoked cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Noob View Post
    .....Not everyone is here to pile on and guys like Jason are being very supportive. Don't take that for granted. On the flip side, not everyone here is a great guy to interact with. Some people are piranhas and just pile on when they feel others have done it. That's life. Like many have said, the ignore feature is everyone's friend.

Hope everything gets figured out, I wish you luck.
    ^^^^^ +1,+1,+1. This is basically my take on it. Well said sir and RG bump for you.

Basically, "Cyber Beefing" goes against everything I believe in, and is a COMPLETE waste of time and energy (not to mention, lame). So before I engage in it, I just ignore and/or avoid that person. This would be my advice, I hope it works out for you.
    Last edited by Jordan23; 09-04-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    "I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting." - Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Eleigh View Post
    And what would warrant that? I guess I'm not being bland enough for a new member?

Let me elaborate on that. My personality is what it is, and I am genuinely surprised that so much offense or indeed, any offense has been taken at the majority of my posts. I would never set out to offend anyone, although I do admit I tease people. I hope that people here will begin to understand my personality. Thesis why I cannot modify my behaviour, I don't realize that I'm out of order!

I'm hoping to do a bit of vherfing soon. I feel people will understand me better in that medium.

Best wishes.
    My .02 is this- i sometimes have a very sarcastic personality but when i meet new people (ie come to a new board), b/c i want people to like and respect me, that personality comes in time once i get to know other people and they get to know me. you shouldn't have a personality of "this is me, take it or leave it" b/c it will get you nowhere in 90% of your situations. i'm in sales so i know how to speak to people and converse with them. when i get close to clients or potential friends, i slowly work in my personality. if u know ur personality is a bit abrasive or different than the norm, respect that people may not like or get it off the bat, so work it in slowly so people get used to it and dont form bad opinions early.
    Veni Vidi Vici

Leading Puffer Fish

Honesty time:

Start with the billion and a half threads you've started, discussing topics that are already being discussed in other active threads, mix in an air of smugness, and add a dollop of your crappy responses, and you get a perfect recipe for what looks like a troll. Which, here on puff, we get 2-3 new trolls each week, so I might be hyper-sensitive to people I think are new trolls. Maybe I'm wrong, and I can admit that and move on, but you sure show all the signs of a troll.

I too, am a sarcastic jerk at times, but you wouldn't know that the first 3-4 months of me being around Puff. Why? Because it's a community I was trying to become part of, and I wanted people to know me before I went all sarcastic on them, as it's the only way they would know I am actually being sarcastic and not just a straight up asshole. Internet community 101, and really, even before that, BBS community 101. You didn't do that, you came in guns blazing, and surprise surprise, some people just took you for an asshole. You didn't give people a chance to get to know you before being a smartass, so people just take you as a smartass.

And then you mouthed off to Smelvis. So I already think you might be a troll, I already think you might be an ass, and now you're being a jerk to one of the most respected members around here, for what looks like entirely no reason. Why should I bother giving you the benefit of the doubt at this point? Much easier to write you off and move on.

You made a bad first, second, and third impression. How many chances do you think you get to make an impression before people just write you off?

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

Leigh, We've PM'd a little back & forth & I've got your back, again... But, I cannot keep your RG up all by my lonesome, so your gonna have to help me out.

I think you can pick through the good of this thread, & the stuff that is plain ridiculous garbage. I will also like to personally like to express my displeasure in some respected members during all of this, & a few members who have just gotten a little too big for their britches for the amount of time they've been here. I have been disgusted by some of the behavior on this board recently, & am shocked at some of the piling on that has came with it. I'm sorry... I'm not usually vocal about these kind of things, but I've had enough of the negativity of the board recently. I believe a lot of these things could have been handled in a better way.

Again, I apologize if I offend anyone, but enough is enough.
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Quote Originally Posted by gosh View Post
    Honesty time:

I too, am a sarcastic jerk at times, but you wouldn't know that the first 3-4 months of me being around Puff. Why? Because it's a community I was trying to become part of, and I wanted people to know me before I went all sarcastic on them, as it's the only way they would know I am actually being sarcastic and not just a straight up asshole. Internet community 101, and really, even before that, BBS community 101. You didn't do that, you came in guns blazing, and surprise surprise, some people just took you for an asshole. You didn't give people a chance to get to know you before being a smartass, so people just take you as a smartass.
    You? Sarcastic? nahhhhh. i just assumed you were like that since ur from Columbus! but this is the point i was trying to make as well.
    Veni Vidi Vici

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ten08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loulax07 View Post
    My .02 is this- i sometimes have a very sarcastic personality but when i meet new people (ie come to a new board), b/c i want people to like and respect me, that personality comes in time once i get to know other people and they get to know me. you shouldn't have a personality of "this is me, take it or leave it" b/c it will get you nowhere in 90% of your situations. i'm in sales so i know how to speak to people and converse with them. when i get close to clients or potential friends, i slowly work in my personality. if u know ur personality is a bit abrasive or different than the norm, respect that people may not like or get it off the bat, so work it in slowly so people get used to it and dont form bad opinions early.
    Well said, Lou. First impressions are a big deal in any arena, and it's easy to be misunderstood and/or labeled if you come on too strong.

Disinterested

Golly gee...

Reading through this "thread" it would seem there's really not a lot left to say and a lot of things are being re-stated, in order to make points, which may, or may not be getting through.

Honestly, I can't see any reason to leave this running, especially in the direction it seems to be.

So, without further ado and "for the kids"...

-CLOSED-

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4