Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Clear the air

This is a discussion on Clear the air within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; It seems that there has arisen a divide between some really nice people who've become great chat banter on here, ...

No longer a community member.

Clear the air

It seems that there has arisen a divide between some really nice people who've become great chat banter on here, and also some other equally nice folks that have failed to see the humor in some things I've said.
    Thought this obscure corner of the forum might be a good place to air your grievances with me in public, that we might be able to put it behind us.

Ive no desire to make enemies, and that's why I'm posting this. However, my personality is what it is and I feel that online I'm frequently misrepresented by myself, and I don't think that I can help that.
    bottom line, if too many people feel my presence is in some way ruining this forum, I'll take the utilitarian viewpoint, and act appropriately by leaving you all to enjoy yourselves.

Leigh

Re: Clear the air

Without seeing facial expressions, hearing inflections and the tone of words, there is always a chance to take something different from what was intended.

**it happens. As long as you or any poster does not dig in and shut out others ideas and thoughts, all should be good.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Perhaps the best thing to do when you're still relatively new is to post respectful and reasonably humble questions and comments about cigars.

That's not a bad idea for a member of a cigar board.
    Out of the blue and into the black.

Agreed, thank you Bob....I was trying to figure out how to word what I was thinking but lacked the eloquence you've displayed in your reply

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Without seeing facial expressions, hearing inflections and the tone of words, there is always a chance to take something different from what was intended.

**it happens. As long as you or any poster does not dig in and shut out others ideas and thoughts, all should be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpegler View Post
    Perhaps the best thing to do when you're still relatively new is to post respectful and reasonably humble questions and comments about cigars.

That's not a bad idea for a member of a cigar board.

Both of these! Just keep your chin up and remember the words of these two wise gentlemen.
    Hangin' out with Friends

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Leigh,

I'm not going to just tell you it's OK and people get misinterpreted on forums, without saying something else. If enough people are misinterpreting or "misrepresenting" you (enough so to start a thread about it), then perhaps you should take a look at your actions to understand why this perception of you exists, right or wrong.

I'm also, not going to tell you to stay or leave, that's your decision. Unless of course something would warrant us asking you to.
    Last edited by Blaylock; 09-03-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaylock View Post
    Leigh,

I'm not going to just tell you it's OK and people get misinterpreted on forums, without saying something else. If enough people are misinterpreting or "misrepresenting" you (enough so to start a thread about it), then perhaps you should take a look at your actions to understand why this perception of you exists, right or wrong.

I'm also, not going to tell you to stay or leave, that's your decision. Unless of course something would warrant us asking you to.

And what would warrant that? I guess I'm not being bland enough for a new member?

Let me elaborate on that. My personality is what it is, and I am genuinely surprised that so much offense or indeed, any offense has been taken at the majority of my posts. I would never set out to offend anyone, although I do admit I tease people. I hope that people here will begin to understand my personality. Thesis why I cannot modify my behaviour, I don't realize that I'm out of order!

I'm hoping to do a bit of vherfing soon. I feel people will understand me better in that medium.

Best wishes.
    Last edited by Eleigh; 09-03-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Ok, what did I do with that ignore feature.. Oh, there it is....

Elder Puffer Fish Leader teedles915's Avatar

Leigh,

Sometimes there are groups that we can't or don't fit in well with. I would have lots of trouble fitting into a high class situation where 3 piece suits, and ties were the norm, heck I haven't had a tie on in 5 years. Now that doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with me, or that there is anything wrong with people who wear 3 piece suits and a tie. It simply means that maybe that group isn't for me.

It isn't up to anyone else to decide whether or not you stay here (that is of course as long as you abide by the rules.) It is up to you to decide whether or not you are comfortable in this setting. If you are then by all means, stay, participate and become a respected member of this forum. But if you are having to question whether or not you should be here, then maybe it's time to take a step back and decide if this is truly where you want to be.

Just food for thought....

T.W.
    Last edited by teedles915; 09-03-2012 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling error.

Puffer Fish with many spikes johnb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teedles915 View Post

It isn't up to anyone else to decide whether or not you stay here (that is of course as long as you abide by the rules.) It is up to you to decide whether or not you are comfortable in this setting. If you are then by all means, stay, participate and become a respected member of this forum. But if you are having to question whether or not you should be here, then maybe it's time to take a step back and decide if this is truly where you want to be.

T.W.
    +1 and rg for you

Where's the "I could give a s+++" emoticon. If you want to talk cigars come and talk cigars. If you want to post silly threads (sorta like this one) or want therapy go to another site.
    Last edited by capttrips; 09-03-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    I had the right to remain silent...unfortunately, I didn't have the ability.............Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    Ok, what did I do with that ignore feature.. Oh, there it is....
    Or you could tell me what your problem with me is that we might work it out, you know, sort of like the grownups do.

Quote Originally Posted by capttrips View Post
    Where's the "I could give a shit" emoticon. If you want to talk cigars come and talk cigars. If you want to post silly threads or want therapy go to another sight. What in think doesn't matter.
    Ok Dave, you can**** right off. This is in the banter section. And people call me a troll!

Quote Originally Posted by teedles915 View Post
    Leigh,

Sometimes there are groups that we can't or don't fit in well with. I would have lots of trouble fitting into a high class situation where 3 piece suits, and ties were the norm, heck I haven't had a tie on in 5 years. Now that doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with me, or that there is anything wrong with people who wear 3 piece suits and a tie. It simply means that maybe that group isn't for me.

T.W.

This is a very fair point. Problem is, I'm very much enjoying interactions for the most part so it's not so black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleigh View Post
    Ok Dave, you can**** right off. This is in the banter section. And people call me a troll!
    And therein lies your problem. You asked, I answered. Was it to honest for you? Did your feelings get hurt?
    You're putting way too much into what people think about you.
    I had the right to remain silent...unfortunately, I didn't have the ability.............Ron White

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast