Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Got another Cisco Cert

This is a discussion on Got another Cisco Cert within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; So if you've ever taken an IT certification test, specifically Cisco, you can understand how much they can suck. And ...

Got another Cisco Cert

So if you've ever taken an IT certification test, specifically Cisco, you can understand how much they can suck.

And to make matters worse, I was slated to take 3 tests and get 3 diff certs this month... nooot gonnnna happpen with the wedding so close. Anywho, Wednesday about 11pm I decided I wasn't ready for the vcp5, so I'm like, I'm a boss, I'll just do the ccda... I already have my other networking cisco certs, no prob.... yea...anywho, flipping out over trying to learn and memorize a bunch of crap in a day and a half....

Needless to say, I am a boss, and passed that sucker.

Huge weight lifted..... going to be happy in vherf tonight lol

Re: Got another Cisco Cert

Nice Job Dan! I took a few certification tests over the years. I fell flat on my face with CCNA though. I was able to pass a Cisco partner course but even that was a challenge...Doing the networking stuff was easy, it was the tests that sunk me...
    ďA good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores". - Maxwell Q. Klinger - Mash 4077

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Steel Talon's Avatar

Congrats..
    Take your time...Don't live to fast..Troubles will come and they will pass..

Pale Horse

Congrats Dan! I don't know much about that stuff, but it sounds difficult and I'm very happy for you

Alpha Puffer Fish

Congrats bro! See gorillas can be taught!
    Awesome achievement
    Join the CRA: defend your cigar freedom!!
    Check out my Cigar Review podcast in its Audio format: http://calypsocigar.podomatic.com

Nice Job. I have MS MCSA, MCP under it, ya know, network+ CompTIA A+ Bla Bla .. Also did Novell CNA.
    I can appreciate your accomplishment, believe me. I was going grab the Cisco cert. But as an instructor, I just trained others. Strange huh ?
    I think a lot of people jump right into Cisco, it can be tough. We would stack nics in Windows servers and run RRAS. Then once they knew routing tables, filters/ports, subnets, DMZ's. Then all they had to know was how to tell Cisco what they wanted to do in "Cisco Language" with startup.cfg, terminal tool and editor.

I don't use any of it much any more. I am in the technology field, but a different position. But I remember those cert tests, and they were nothing to laugh at. I used to tell my kids when they would ask about the tests " when you are ready , it will pass you. "

So Congrats.Good Job,. If you didn't light up yet, what are you waiting for?

Nice work buddy, HERF at my place tonight @ 8pm

Roman and Chris are coming
    Moose is my name and cigars are my thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcm15 View Post
    Nice Job Dan! I took a few certification tests over the years. I fell flat on my face with CCNA though. I was able to pass a Cisco partner course but even that was a challenge...Doing the networking stuff was easy, it was the tests that sunk me...
    I took Sylvan's TCPIP twice. Think I needed 650 and got 648 ! the first time ARGH !
    Blew it out of the water a few weeks later though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondo 440 View Post
    So Congrats.Good Job,. If you didn't light up yet, what are you waiting for?
    Thanks, Got my ccna years ago, along with my ccnp, recently was the ccna voice, hardest was the np, though trying to push something out in such a short period of time was the killer.

I'm not sure what I'll smoke, though figure I'll make it fun and let others pick for me out of a baggie I fill up. After my daughter goes to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan_Moose View Post
    Nice work buddy, HERF at my place tonight @ 8pm

Roman and Chris are coming
    I'll see what I can swing with the little lady

j/k

Very cool to get that out of the way, congrats! I'm looking for a new gig and have thought about getting into IT or programming. any suggestions for a noob?

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Noob View Post
    Very cool to get that out of the way, congrats! I'm looking for a new gig and have thought about getting into IT or programming. any suggestions for a noob?
    Depends what you like.... networking is it's own beast, as is, microsoft desktop, microsoft server, or unix/linux administration.

Mind you most of those will require you to do weekend work to do patching and stuff, network doesn't usually, so that's one reason I like it. The best way to be awesome at what you do in IT is not just focus on your said field, but diversify into the others to give yourself a better understanding of all.

Nice job.......****ing nerd

Quote Originally Posted by hardcz View Post
    So if you've ever taken an IT certification test, specifically Cisco, you can understand how much they can suck.
    Uhh......nope, but I totally aced a crisco test though. My junk smelled like a deep-fried burrito for a week.

Huge weight lifted.....
    Yah - she said the same thing.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

No longer a community member.

Congrats! I can appreciate your accomplishment. I know just enough about that stuff to be dangerous. Boss is right!

Maturing Puffer Fish

Never taken a Cisco cert, but I have CIW database coming up. I hate these tests.