Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

This economy STILL sucks...

This is a discussion on This economy STILL sucks... within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by V-ret Too late, Thank you, your order has been placed. An e-mail confirmation has been sent to ...

Re: This economy STILL sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by V-ret View Post
    Too late,

Thank you, your order has been placed.
    An e-mail confirmation has been sent to you. New! Sign up for delivery updates by text for this and future orders.
    Order Number: 103-5171054-1898654

1 item will be shipped to Steve Swaim by Amazon.com. Estimated delivery: Oct. 4, 2012 - Oct. 5, 2012

1 item will be shipped to Steve Swaim by Amazon.com. Estimated delivery: Oct. 4, 2012 - Oct. 5, 2012

Hope your kid enjoys!

Oh, I am so glad I didn't tape this box shut yet....

Shooter. Gamer. Hunter. Father. Geek. Atheist. NRA Life Member 2011
    http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/de...mber=Dark+Rose

Shit, should have waited till tomorrow

MWM's King of Funk Brettanomyces's Avatar

Damn, Steve, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're able to find some good new job prospects soon. Don't be a stranger. This seems like the kind of place where people help each other out a bit when the need is there.

And, V-ret's right on top of it. Good man.

I learned it from watching Jessica work her magic.

Off to find a safe place for the puppies to stay for a while

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Rose View Post
    Well, things have been going pretty good, finally became a homeowner last month after being in the same apartment for 13+ years, 3 of them with my 5 year old son I have full custody of... Got a fantastic job about 3 months ago, great pay, good people, well-maintained equipment... Got back into this wonderful hobby and stumbled into this site where I'm learning so much about it... Got a second chance with a fantastic woman that I blew things with about a year ago, and it's wonderful...
    Keep your head up brother and focus on the blessings you do have. Jobs can sometimes come and go but are easier to find once lost then any of those things in bold. FWIW I'm down in SW FL and we were #1 in the country for growth and construction which means when the bubble popped we were hit first and hit the hardest. We were on the edge of bankruptcy and losing absolutely everything for more then 5 years. We too wondered if or when things could ever get better. Finally within the past 12-18 months things are turning without a doubt. If we're seeing it down here, then everyone else should see it before long if they aren't already. Hopefully you left the company on good terms (I'm sure you did) so don't be surprised to hear back from this company when they do land those or other projects. Hope it all works out for ya man!

Puffer Fish with some spikes djcsewell's Avatar

Well, things have been going pretty good, finally became a homeowner last month after being in the same apartment for 13+ years, 3 of them with my 5 year old son I have full custody of... Got a fantastic job about 3 months ago, great pay, good people, well-maintained equipment... Got back into this wonderful hobby and stumbled into this site where I'm learning so much about it... Got a second chance with a fantastic woman that I blew things with about a year ago, and it's wonderful...
    So I go into work Thursday night, and the president of the company is there (small family company, so president and co-owner), he calls me off to a conference room with the shift supervisor and tells me that since I'm the newest full-timer, and the company just doesn't have the business he was expecting right now, I'm being let go... The two major projects he brought me in to run haven't taken off on schedule, on was pushed from July to September, now to November or later, the other one is just being drug out and they still don't have a new solid date from the customer... So I'm the first one to go. Half the shop went down to 32 hours a week, but everyone kept telling me "they never let people go for low business, they never lay off", yeah. Guess there's always a first time...
    I keep hearing our Liar in Chief talk about the improving ecomony, seeing the data not quite back up those claims... But I'm here to say the ecomony still sucks. My company made lots of stuff for Cummins Engine Co., which currently has a worldwide hiring freeze on... and quite a bit of medical equipment pieces, which are also dropping due to the pending new Obamacare crap, which is going to cost doctors and medical equipment companies more money... Ugh.
    Ugh. Just ranting and whining. Haven't told my parents or my son yet, as I didn't want to ruin everyone's weekend, so just bitching to bitch...

I feel better... a bit.
    Man, that's awful and I'm really sorry to hear that... But, not to be disrespectful.... "liar in chief" and "Obamacare crap".... Is this really the place for that?

Quote Originally Posted by V-ret View Post
    I learned it from watching Jessica work her magic.

Off to find a safe place for the puppies to stay for a while
    I'm more of a cat person, but I wouldn't hurt puppies...

Oh wait, that's not a puppy, THIS is a puppy!

It never ceases to amaze me how something said in a thread could be cleared up and buried, then someone has to bring it back up.

I'll go ahead and state this for the rest of the guys looking at this:

Steve, as Terry and others have said, you got a lot of good going for you right now also. Keep your chin up and all should work out. You already said that you can get through this. I for one and rooting for ya!

I'm more of a cat person, but I wouldn't hurt puppies...

Oh wait, that's not a puppy, THIS is a puppy!

Normally I like big dogs, but that is just crazy! His paws are as big as that dude's head!

What kind of dogs are those???

Quote Originally Posted by Gdaddy View Post
    What kind of dogs are those???
    It's called a Caucasian Ovcharka, or Caucasian Mountain Dog, from what I've read, they were bred for two purposes, hunting bears, and protecting families and herds. And apparently even though Chows are known for being territorial, they don't have chit on these guys. Apparently their owning family are family, and anyone else is a meal...

And apparently a lot of the size can be fluff, because the average male is "only" 150lbs. or a little over...

No longer a community member.

It's called a Caucasian Ovcharka, or Caucasian Mountain Dog, from what I've read, they were bred for two purposes, hunting bears, and protecting families and herds. And apparently even though Chows are known for being territorial, they don't have chit on these guys. Apparently their owning family are family, and anyone else is a meal...

And apparently a lot of the size can be fluff, because the average male is "only" 150lbs. or a little over...
    What's their life span? Mixing dogs usually cuts off half the life span due to improper development. I have to really worry about those boys living short lives...

Full grown Puffer Fish Blue Raccoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draepheus View Post
    I think the Obamacare argument is senseless as it's here to stay, and I feel that the economy is actually improving, albeit a bit slowly in other spectrums of society compared to others. Business is ramping back up, and Detroit is becoming a cultural and business hub once again.
    boy you must be smoking some really good 'stuff'..

Full grown Puffer Fish Blue Raccoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djcsewell View Post
    Man, that's awful and I'm really sorry to hear that... But, not to be disrespectful.... "liar in chief" and "Obamacare crap".... Is this really the place for that?
    the guy just got canned from a new job.. after getting a house for him and his 5yo.. cut the guy some slack!

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Raccoon View Post
    boy you must be smoking some really good 'stuff'..
    No.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast