Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mail theives

This is a discussion on Mail theives within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; So a buddy of mine that moved away awhile back was celebrating his birthday over the weekend. I wanted to ...

Full grown Puffer Fish SilverStreak's Avatar

Mail theives

So a buddy of mine that moved away awhile back was celebrating his birthday over the weekend. I wanted to make it out to his BBQ, but couldn't because of prior commitments. I got in touch with his little lady and decided to bomb him a small selection of smokes. I get a hold of him today asking if he enjoyed his gift. He says he has now idea what I'm talking about so I tell him I sent a package to his place. As it turns out, he has a security camera pointed at his mailbox. Lo and behold, there's video of some scumbag SOB rifling through his mailbox and the bastard finds the cigars I sent. He promptly tucks it under his shirt and runs off. My buddy already filed a report with the police. I can't do much because I didn't insure the package. All I can do is vent and hope that this jerk off gets hit by a truck.
    Torpedo, torpedo, torpedo!!

No longer a community member.

Re: Mail theives

That's low.. stealing mail, then stealing cigars...

You can get in big trouble for stealing mail. Hopefully that camera got a good picture of their face!

Theft of mail=Federal offense! Hope the bastard gets what's coming to him!
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nikonnut View Post
    Theft of mail=Federal offense! Hope the bastard gets what's coming to him!
    Yup! Theft of cigars should be a federal offense as well!
    Hangin' out with Friends

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Damn them low life thieves.

KSB
    Puffer Fish with some spikes KSB's Avatar

He really needs to contact his postmaster. They do not foul around with this. The feds will be all over this in a heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by KSB View Post
    He really needs to contact his postmaster. They do not foul around with this. The feds will be all over this in a heart beat.
    If they find out cigars were shipped, they might get pissed tho.

Hopefully the police can ID the guy because there's several good shots of his face. From the video, it looks like he either got away on foot or had a vehicle that was out of frame. I've never insured any bombs, PIFs, or trades here of puff, but this seriously makes me think twice. Of all the mail boxes on that street, this piece of garbage picks my friends and steals his cigars. We talked and decided it'd be better if we just smoked when he was in my neck of the woods. I just hope the guy gets what's coming to him. One day, he's gonna pick the wrong mailbox and with any luck, karma will cash out on his ass then.

Quote Originally Posted by KSB View Post
    Let's hope so. He said the local PD didn't seem to really care.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStreak View Post
    Hopefully the police can ID the guy because there's several good shots of his face. From the video, it looks like he either got away on foot or had a vehicle that was out of frame. I've never insured any bombs, PIFs, or trades here of puff, but this seriously makes me think twice. Of all the mail boxes on that street, this piece of garbage picks my friends and steals his cigars. We talked and decided it'd be better if we just smoked when he was in my neck of the woods. I just hope the guy gets what's coming to him. One day, he's gonna pick the wrong mailbox and with any luck, karma will cash out on his ass then.
    I really do hope he gets his just desserts, BUT, I don't think you can insure a package without actually listing what's in it. And a lot of people here say don't list it as cigars.

I guess it's a good time to find out. None were CC's so I didn't send anything illegal. I recommended that he get in touch with his postmaster. My Dad is a retired mail carrier and said they'll investigate.

I really hate a thief. I am not aware of any rules against mailing cigars. I have received orders from vendor USPS with no problem.

The local Postmaster really needs to be contacted directly about this no matter the contents of the package.

I can just see the perps face as he is in the Federal pen and Bubba asks what he is in for.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    I really hate a thief. I am not aware of any rules against mailing cigars. I have received orders from vendor USPS with no problem.

The local Postmaster really needs to be contacted directly about this no matter the contents of the package.

I can just see the perps face as he is in the Federal pen and Bubba asks what he is in for.
    Is anyone actually named "Bubba" in prison?

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draepheus View Post
    If they find out cigars were shipped, they might get pissed tho.
    There's nothing illegal about shipping cigars within the US.
    Hangin' out with Friends

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast