Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

I come here to discuss cigars...

This is a discussion on I come here to discuss cigars... within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; AND yet I see arguments starting about non-cigar related subjects - I would like to go on the record and ...

Alpha Puffer Fish

I come here to discuss cigars...

AND yet I see arguments starting about non-cigar related subjects - I would like to go on the record and say that this site and the members
    I deal with are important to me - fine tobacco, cigars, pipes - and these petty little non-Puff related arguments keep popping up - HEY, this is about our hobby, our passion - keep the BS out of it... my 2 cents...
    anything that you do that involves the MODs - back off...

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

Re: I come here to discuss cigars...

O.K.

Need a hug??

Arguments can get petty sometimes...just gotta keep yourself out if he gutter...uplift other BOTL or SOTL!
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Packerjh View Post
    O.K.

Need a hug??

Arguments can get petty sometimes...just gotta keep yourself out if he gutter...uplift other BOTL or SOTL!
    No hug needed - just responding to something that required mod response on another thread - get it?

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

Yep...vent away brother!
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

Puffer Fish with many spikes GoJohnnyGo's Avatar

I hear you and I couldn't agree more.

Ken, this is a great and overdue post....thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerjh View Post
    Yep...vent away brother!
    Yep, it is OK to vent! Have done so myself.

On the other hand, Puff is a great source of entertainment and knowledge that can be enjoyed by many different types of folks as indicated by the various different forums.

Puff is the tie that binds a great bunch of folks!!!!
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

WAMBAM's Quiet Killer joshuarodger's Avatar

I sort of enjoy a good argument. I think it can get out of hand, especially on the internet where intent is hard to interpret, but as long as people don't take it too seriously, it can be a good time.

No longer a community member.

There is some... aggression and... other such things on puff at times. It isn't very appealing and it is definitely a disruption, but I feel it can be warded away by just playing along and not actually thinking much about it. People are people.

A bumb in the kind-o-meter of the forum would probably be beneficial though, lol.

Good post, I'd RG+ ya if I could. Someone else mind doing that?

Already got him David

Alpha Puffer Fish

RG. bump for posting

Ken thank you. It can get frustrating when all you want to do is come to a forum and be entertained and also learn more about cigars.
    The vermin SOTL bomber is back, have a nice day!....

as a general rule, I agree with what you are saying. But I also think that this is exactly what the "puff banter" part of the forum or the "non-cigar related" discussion parts. we can choose what to read and what not to read.

When the stupid arguments muck up the cigar related threads I just want it to go away, but when it stays confined to the banter/non-cigar areas it doesn't bother me as much. As long as things stay civil despite disagreements.

WHen things get out of hand and become filled with personal attacks, etc, it doesn't matter what part of the forum they are on. They aren't acceptable anywhere.

Edit: please note that I have no idea what thread or "issue" you are referring to in the original post so this is not a comment on that specifically. Just my general thoughts on off-topic nonsense on the boards.
    Man I wish I had something witty and inspiring to say. Or even a URL to share.

Quote Originally Posted by gasdocok View Post
    as a general rule, I agree with what you are saying. But I also think that this is exactly what the "puff banter" part of the forum or the "non-cigar related" discussion parts. we can choose what to read and what not to read.

When the stupid arguments muck up the cigar related threads I just want it to go away, but when it stays confined to the banter/non-cigar areas it doesn't bother me as much. As long as things stay civil despite disagreements.

WHen things get out of hand and become filled with personal attacks, etc, it doesn't matter what part of the forum they are on. They aren't acceptable anywhere.

Edit: please note that I have no idea what thread or "issue" you are referring to in the original post so this is not a comment on that specifically. Just my general thoughts on off-topic nonsense on the boards.
    RG for this....
    well said