Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

my 2 cents....

This is a discussion on my 2 cents.... within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; there are 2 separate sides to this forum you have the habano loving fogs who want their good old boys ...

Full grown Puffer Fish Bunnosaurusrex's Avatar

my 2 cents....

there are 2 separate sides to this forum you have the habano loving fogs who want their good old boys club back and the uppity noobs who are hear to learn and have fun... the noobs get banned for doing what they see the fogs doing (posting pictures passing out addresses and the like) and the fogs get a pass? this is just silly either its one set of rules or it isnt but hows about we try and be clear about this? as for PGifying the forum you better start by getting rid of the habanos section because nothing is LESS PG than discussions on contraband... i completely agree the noobs need to learn a respect for the veteran members, they have been here for a while and are the members that made this forum what it is today and remember noobs, you joined this site for a reason... but adversely lets not forget that respect is equal parts earned and commanded! if you want respect then some of the louder veteran members would do well to remember you dont earn respect by shouting at noobs or by trying to make them feel small! asking a question is what a forum is for... it doesnt matter if it has been asked a hundred times before, sometimes the search feature is NOT helpful, try searching for the best way to set up a kitty litter coolidor and see how many HUNDREDS of results you get.... and as for SOME of the mods... wow... just wow fellas, reasons for banning being put as "join your friends" can we talk about professionalism.... i understand people have been pushing your buttons the last couple days but seriously? if your buttons have been pressed why not take the night off like a bunch of other people need to do to cool off a little!

now i am fully prepared to be banned for this post but i am hoping not to be, i not slamming anyone here... i am not redirecting traffic anywhere else and i am certainly not trying to cause more drama... but hopefully some members will read this and realize how ridiculous this all is, everyone need to calm down, take a step back and realize that ALL of the little cliques on puff can in fact co-exist!

hopefully this will be taken in the spirit in which it is intended... it is a discussion as per the definition of the word forum out in the open and for people to weigh in on... so if you feel the want to respond please dont bring you PERSONAL issues with specific people because honestly no one is interested in that garbage thats what PM's are for!

Alpha Puffer Fish

Re: my 2 cents....

I love you bunny
    Join the CRA: defend your cigar freedom!!
    Check out my Cigar Review podcast in its Audio format: http://calypsocigar.podomatic.com

i love everyone brandon and thats why i want everyone to get along... i know that is an idealistic notion but i can hope right?

Alpha Puffer Fish

love you too bunn.. well said
    The vermin SOTL bomber is back, have a nice day!....

Nicely put Sir Paul. Love you too bro and believe everyone can play well here. It really is a great group and forum.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

I think your seeing it all wrong Paul... No one here is against the "noobs" here. I sit on the fence most of the time & like to think of myself as Swiss on a lot of things. There is too much pushing of agenda here from some, & well, if you play too close to the fire, your will get burned unfortunately. I think all the people that have joined over the last year or so are great people, & I've enjoyed all of the good that has come with them, but hurt feelings are unfortunately starting to dictate the forum a little too much IMO.

I hope cooler heads will prevail soon...
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

WAMBAM's Quiet Killer joshuarodger's Avatar

Very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by fuente~fuente View Post
    I think your seeing it all wrong Paul... No one here is against the "noobs" here. I sit on the fence most of the time & like to think of myself as Swiss on a lot of things. There is too much pushing of agenda here from some, & well, if you play too close to the fire, your will get burned unfortunately. I think all the people that have joined over the last year or so are great people, & I've enjoyed all of the good that has come with them, but hurt feelings are unfortunately starting to dictate the forum a little too much IMO.

I hope cooler heads will prevail soon...
    Nice, Jason.
    I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.
    ―Joe Walsh

well said fuente... cooler heads indeed! and if i came off as pro noob i apologize that was not my intent at all, the best way i can describe what i am feeling, for a forum that quite honestly i LOVE, is that i am ANTI people causing problems for what ever reason! i dont see it as anti noob sentiment nor do i see it as a good old boys club... this just my perception of what others are saying... what I see is a forum about tobacco, filled with knowledge, a willingness to learn AND a lot of friends that i have made over the last year!

This is what i hope puff continues to be for me for many years to come!

You're good people Paul - I miss your regular banter here. Come to the pipe side and visit... What Scott said - great group, great forum.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

I didn't like drama back in high school and I still don't like it now! Lets just all cool off and enjoy some smokes!
    "A fine cigar should fall apart in your hands like a neurotic woman!" - Fernando

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    You're good people Paul - I miss your regular banter here. Come to the pipe side and visit... What Scott said - great group, great forum.
    as soon as the weather is conducive to pipe smoking outside i will be back on that side of the forum... untill then the pipe NST victims can count them selves lucky as my stash is doing nothing but aging!

Gotta wait till tomorrow to bump Paul's rg, can someone get him in the meantime?

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    Gotta wait till tomorrow to bump Paul's rg, can someone get him in the meantime?
    Already did, slowpoke!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Muchas gracias dude

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast