Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Words Of Welcome

This is a discussion on Words Of Welcome within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I have been thinking about this recently and thought I would share. When I first joined Puff I thought it ...

Words Of Welcome

I have been thinking about this recently and thought I would share.

When I first joined Puff I thought it was so cool that there was a section (New Puffer Fish Forum) to introduce myself. Right off the bat I got some good interaction with the current members and it made me excited to be involved with this site. I have from time to time entered back into that small pond to welcome new members, although I will admit I have not done it enough.

There seems to be roughly the same group of guys that faithfully post there and to those BOTL - I salute you! I have also noticed more interaction from the mods and "older" members of the forum there as well. I think this is very important. It helps new Puffers feel comfortable and excited as they take their first "swims" here!

So to those of you who faithfully greet the new arrivals - Thanks and keep up the good work. And to those of you who rarely enter there (or have maybe forgotten about it as I have) I challenge you to consider dropping in and posting a simple hello!

I think this is an awesome forum and I believe it is the most supportive/friendly one I have ever been apart of. I am excited to see it get even better this year!
    "A fine cigar should fall apart in your hands like a neurotic woman!" - Fernando

Re: Words Of Welcome

Nicely said Jordan.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Excellent JD....good observation. You'll go far whenever you are able to see the glass half full in things.

Full grown Puffer Fish NavyPiper's Avatar

Ya know I feel the same way, and I too need to emulate those who welcomed me to Puff! It was really nice to feel welcomed by others. Thanks for the reminder!

Doc
    Robert H. Bledsaw, LCDR, FMF/SW, USN SCC
    The Best part of the "Corps"- US Navy 'Corpsmen'! Devil Docs Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyPiper View Post
    Ya know I feel the same way, and I too need to emulate those who welcomed me to Puff! It was really nice to feel welcomed by others. Thanks for the reminder!

Doc
    You bet man! Thanks taking the time to read it.
    "A fine cigar should fall apart in your hands like a neurotic woman!" - Fernando

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish OldSkoolTarHeel's Avatar

I second your thoughts on the instant gratification I felt when I was welcomed by some of the older members. I remember one in particular, TonyBrooklyn. I was amazed that someone with over 10,000 posts would welcome me. He's since been a great help to me as it seems every time I have a question, he jumps in and answers it for me. Anyway, one day, when I'm more experienced, I plan on making my way back there to help welcome the even noobier-noobs than myself.
    “I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves” ~Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by J. Drew View Post
    You bet man! Thanks taking the time to read it.
    My pleasure Sir. Bloody good post, and sadly, it took you posting it to make me put action to my thoughts, when I shoulda just done it when I thought about it.

And Ive been Hittin that sub forum & welcoming new fish since then.

RG for you Sir!

Doc

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Thanks for the kind words Jordan nice to see someone notices!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

Good post Jordan!

I used to stop by there more frequently than I do now. I think now I'll get back there more often.
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Jordan is spot on absolutely! My first real conversation was with Jeremy (V-ret) and it was a nice feeling to feel welcome n accepted. He even introduced me to the 'bomb' concept, which made it even more special (not saying that is required, I can't do it myself) but it reminded me of the "welcome wagon ladies" back in the day. Makes ya feel good. I'm really glad he posted this, great reminder for all of us!

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by NavyPiper View Post
    Jordan is spot on absolutely! My first real conversation was with Jeremy (V-ret) and it was a nice feeling to feel welcome n accepted. He even introduced me to the 'bomb' concept, which made it even more special (not saying that is required, I can't do it myself) but it reminded me of the "welcome wagon ladies" back in the day. Makes ya feel good. I'm really glad he posted this, great reminder for all of us!

Doc
    Shucks Doc, you know how to make a man feel special, lol.

If any more guys want to join puff from Nevada I'll blow up their mailbox as well

Maturing Puffer Fish davidg1977's Avatar

im still pretty new to puff and cigars in-general but i have felt very welcome buy all here and the advise i have received from all has been outstanding and well thought out looking forward to getting to know as many people as i can on here and one day meeting them and enjoy a good smoke with them

Rock on! Stay save brother, and come back home soon.

Maturing Puffer Fish davidg1977's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by V-ret View Post
    Rock on! Stay save brother, and come back home soon.
    that's my goal till then i got some good cigars (thanks to Matt) and some good reads on puff to help pass the time

Matt is an awesome Botl! His work in the cigars for troops is the commendable (Along with Dave and the other guys that help keep it going). I didn't even know about it till I was stuck in Kuwait heading back from Iraq. The Chaplain invited us all to a good smoke, I brought my own but was surprised to find out that everything he has was donated. Killer deal in my book.