Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

The older I get the more I think I am solar powered.

This is a discussion on The older I get the more I think I am solar powered. within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Hi, In our part of the world (thought I better mention that because of all the international people here) it ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes

The older I get the more I think I am solar powered.

Hi,

In our part of the world (thought I better mention that because of all the international people here) it is winter and the days are short. I get up and out before the sun is up and I am back home after it is down. In the summer the daylight hours are much longer in hours. I find that on the short days of winter that I seem to have less energy than on the longer summer days. Does anyone else notice this and is this a getting old thing?

Re: The older I get the more I think I am solar powered.

I'm more susceptible to hoping on the couch and throwing a blanket on while watching tv or playing with my son. Just being in that state makes me drowsy and ready for bed. Plus, I drink more scotch in the winter which helps.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Sunlight effects mood no doubt about it i read a study once in College about the effects of no sunlight on the brain. Its just as bad as constant sunlight. The study was conducted in a part of Alaska where they have 6 months of light and 6 months of dark. WEll its not really total dark and light like at the poles but still quite interesting.Read it if you can its very interesting!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

No doubt lack of sunlight can give you the mullygrubs... We were just talking about this the other day in the shop. A guy who works in the medical field told me they actually recommend light therapy to people who are suffering from depression. Large percentages of people who take it see big improvements apparently. Very interesting stuff...
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

I spent 3 years in Fairbanks Alaska and can tell you it's all true. During the winter months there is less than 4 hrs of daylight and that only depends
    on if the sun is up and it's not cloudy. Sun comes up at 10:00 and goes down at 2:00. Alcohol related incidences rose upwards of 500% , domestic
    violence up as much and altercations were out of control.

I saw as low as -70 deg F when I was there and you don't go anywhere when it's that cold. Luckily I was into reloading and had an arsenal when spring came
    along with pottery, leather goods and a bunch of other stuff to keep the mind occupied.

Tough time if you don't deal with it for sure.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Maturing Puffer Fish davidg1977's Avatar

i feel you George not only do i feel more tired during the winter but also my joints hurt more lol guess it comes with getting old