Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Should not need be political...

This is a discussion on Should not need be political... within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by TTecheTTe Good to know, and ditto! That's how I understood @ Herf N Turf , and mod ...

Re: Should not need be political...

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Good to know, and ditto! That's how I understood @Herf N Turf , and mod warnings are most appreciated.

...our President. The office demands respect, whether or not one respects the person, and you clearly do both.

I felt I could offer the wisdom acquired through time and experience, with the unique perspective of our shared experience. Plus, "mama had to tell you" to get those valuable programs, which no one had yet advised!
    I made too long of a post originally. It is special to have the sitting president there. That will be pretty neat to see regardless!
    Last edited by Keebaw; 02-22-2013 at 05:16 AM.

Wow, that's a long one... Didn't seem so long in the little typing area, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keebaw View Post
    Wow, that's a long one... Didn't seem so long in the little typing area, lol
    Ignore, edited and deleted the last one. I'll write a book about myself when I'm older, haha. I tried to reflect and started a draft of chapter one; I'd rather hear your stories than write mine at this point, lol. I couldn't edit that quote into this post (ran out of time) so I am just rambling and posting as I figure out this forum system

I made too long of a post originally. It is special to have the sitting president there. That will be pretty neat to see regardless!
    Dang, it! I should have commented while I had the chance, but went to get you a link of a post I was going to reference!!

If you do not already have medical accommodations, go to the registrar and discuss your situation, as your special needs must be accomodated in class as well as commencement (and work, if not already). As it is foreseeable that you might have to leave the assembly unexpectedly, they will have to accomodate that need with special seating (seating is alphabetical, but you need an end of row and near an exit). This will not only enable you to exit as easily and discretely as possible, but is also to their benefit as it insures that an anticipated medical event will have minimal disruption to the ceremony.

The fear of having our rare variant migraine in a situation where there is no exit to address it is, well, stressful enough to trigger one! And yes, the relief from stress (which commencement is!) does trigger them also.

i can't remember all of the other things you "babbled" about, but enjoyed them very much. Funny, I found half a dozen more things which we have in common!

Well, here's that post I mentioned: Just when I though things were getting better

Ignore, edited and deleted the last one. I'll write a book about myself when I'm older, haha. I tried to reflect and started a draft of chapter one; I'd rather hear your stories than write mine at this point, lol. I couldn't edit that quote into this post (ran out of time) so I am just rambling and posting as I figure out this forum system
    BTW, it's "your thread" so you can ramble if you want to (said to the tune of, "It's my Party and I'll cry if I want to.")

Sometimes you feel inspired at 5am, lol. I'll keep the thoughts to myself since they are still in my head and maybe comment more later. I just started posting on here last week! I can't spill everything right away, lol.

The basic message was... It's been a long journey and I have had ups and downs throughout complicated by different health issues that are basically benign but very bothering. So, even though I have felt embarrassed some by the length of time it has taken, I have known this is what I have wanted since age 3. So, after thinking about it, I could care less who is speaking. It's gong to be an experience I don't think I will ever have a feeling like it again, maybe when I get married or have children, but this should be right up there with how hard I had to work to get to that point, and thinking several times it wouldn't ever happen.

It's funny too, one of my cousins who really is a huge fan of the speaker, both he and his sister (older than me and both fans of the President) were commenting on facebook about their commencements. My one cousin said it was some faculty member and she doesn't even remember it. The other said a famous doctor was the headliner and at one point he told everyone to look to their left and right and that in 20 years one of those people will die from cancer.... So, I think I am going to remember this!! Not just because it is the President of the United States speaking, but for everything that went into it!

That's a better summery for now, lol. The other one was sort of a Dr. Phil show story time, haha.

I feel fully capable in a work environment. It's just the school stress and weird study schedules. I don't tell my co-workers about it usually until later, and only that I know when it is happening and I might have to sit down for 40 minutes and then I'll be okay again. Most of the jobs and opportunities that will open up after I am done will probably be a little easier to manage this stuff too. So I don't want to take the disability route, I don't think I need to. I do well with responsibility in a work setting and a structured schedule. Especially when I am in control of the situation or taking the lead on a project! It's funny how it works like that. I can speak in front of a large group but am nervous about being stuck in the large group, lol. That's a bass ackwards kind of situation and a good metaphor for a similar college type of "adventure". But, the scenic route is an interesting one I suppose, both in life and in the car.

... So, I think I am going to remember this!! Not just because it is the President of the United States speaking, but for everything that went into it!
    Well said, and very succinct (though I do miss the coolador plans, and the "getting lots of programs!"). I'm glad you decided to enjoy it, as you should!

You'll also have the distinction of being one of the few people who can remember their keynote speaker, much less their address!

Disinterested

Not even a warning, guys, but merely a gentle reminder. Thanks for understanding.

Kevin, I don't know about the Edicion de Aniversario, but I've enjoyed the Don Carlos' I've aged. Like Opus, they do tend to go dumb at around 4yrs, but come back nicely after that. Being 07's, I think yours should be wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post
    Not even a warning, guys, but merely a gentle reminder. Thanks for understanding.

Kevin, I don't know about the Edicion de Aniversario, but I've enjoyed the Don Carlos' I've aged. Like Opus, they do tend to go dumb at around 4yrs, but come back nicely after that. Being 07's, I think yours should be wonderful.
    Nice to hear! I am hoping for something good as that is the direction I was leaning in the cigar choice!

I'm glad my priorities shifted to the more important decision in this situation, lol

I'm glad my priorities shifted to the more important decision in this situation, lol
    Yeah, 'bout time!

BTW, when is Graduation? I'm sure it will be on the toob, and I want to look for you

On a partisan note of a different kind (the Ohio State University vs. michigan) lol.... Gerald Ford did the Commencement at OSU in 1974!!! He was a Congressional Rep for the "state up north" for almost 25 years!! What was Ohio State thinking letting him speak, lolol.

That last one is for Bruce, haha
    Hello Kevin - just found this thread again, lost it when it got moved to Banter.

And for those of you paying attention, it was me who got political, sorry, I'll keep it in the jar next time

Anyway, yes, that's the important question, what is your celebratory stick?

I'm going to be finishing my 2nd master's this summer (DoD school, but it is an accredited degree) and am saving a Liga Undercrown for the occasion, but a friend (the Dean actually, don't throw up on him) gave me a PG (boutique brand here in NoVA) the other day, and now I think I'll have to get one of those for my "special occasion" smog.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

Congrats Kevin!
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2