Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

The Agony of Decisions...

This is a discussion on The Agony of Decisions... within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; So MLB.com went ahead (without my permission of course) & charged my CC $125 for the upcoming season. I am ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

The Agony of Decisions...

So MLB.com went ahead (without my permission of course) & charged my CC $125 for the upcoming season. I am now forced to decide between having them refund me the $$$, or watch my Redbirds, although sparingly this season.

So... Do I pull a Benedict Arnold & turn my back on my team, or do I just take it right up the keister hole on this one???

You can see my dilema here.
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Re: The Agony of Decisions...

If both your wallet and keister are accepting of the situation, just go with it

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    If both your wallet and keister are accepting of the situation, just go with it

My wallet is fine, but my keister doesn't like to "accept" anything.

That's the issue... Kinda leaves me a bit miffed that they would pull something like this. I signed up for a special trial package last season, but I guess I didn't read the fine print.
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie

F.O.G. with nice smokes OnePyroTec's Avatar

Small print is where they make their money. Just like the free trial ads on t.v. for meds or weight loss pills, or any other "free trial just pay S/H" with a CC, then you get on their auto-fill program unless you call to cancel. After I'm done shouting, it makes me laugh at what level companies will go to just for a buck.

I'd say watch the Redbirds swearing at MLB.com each time.

I would decouple the decision from the emotions of pride, loyalty, betrayal, rectal pain, etc., and simply ask, is it worth it or not?

But don't answer right away - have a nice fuente and give it some serious thought

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish FireRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fuente~fuente View Post
    My wallet is fine, but my keister doesn't like to "accept" anything.
    I know that feeling. I hate when businesses just charge you without real notification. It's a real scam how easy businesses can bill/charge you for products/services you don't want or ask for. I have season tickets to hockey and baseball, so for me if you're a fan of your team and you plan on watching...may as well keep it.

But, make sure to log into your account and remove your credit card information. If they don't allow you to remove the information (many sites don't) just change the numbers so they're wrong.
    20 years of smoking and still going strong *cough* *cough*...

Quote Originally Posted by FireRunner View Post

But, make sure to log into your account and remove your credit card information. If they don't allow you to remove the information (many sites don't) just change the numbers so they're wrong.
    That sir is a great idea!

I'm sure I'm just going to grind it out, as tough as it may be lol. If I can catch just one game a week it'll be worth it to me. I will take your advice though, so at least next time I will get a choice.
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie