Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Build to Fail...

This is a discussion on Build to Fail... within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; For any of you carpenters out there this construction project in Canada is a real eye opener! Build to Fail, ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes T3Hunter's Avatar

Build to Fail...

For any of you carpenters out there this construction project in Canada is a real eye opener!

Build to Fail, Fail to Build. What is this I don't even..........

It's the shed build of the century.

I'm totally serious, dude B-daddy's Avatar

Re: Build to Fail...

Oh my. Looks worse than the "tree forts" my buddies and I used to build as kids. Except ours were about 6-10 feet in the air and usually had at leaset a couple cardboard boxes on the materials list.
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?" -- Steven Wright

Puffer Fish with many spikes johnb's Avatar

I think it looks great I might go build one just like it today

Puffer Fish with many spikes nfusion770's Avatar

Wow. That's probably the worst I have seen.

Last summer a carpenter friend helped me build a deck and a detached garage. I am relatively handy but had no idea how many details and nuances were involved. I thank god my buddy was there to make sure it got done right.
    He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

Papa Chino

It's a shame considering he used all new materials. I know that in a lot of developing areas where there are shanty towns, construction can be really shoddy. There's no excuse for this though. As a side note, the sheathing probably doubled the strength of the structure- enough so that the guy was able to put the roofing material on.

Disinterested

First, until you've experienced the discomfort of your knee being pinched between tarmac and faring, you're not really a rider.

Second, until you can drive two toeing nails at the same time, you're not really a carpenter.

"That's all I have to say about that." ' Forrest Gump

That thread is epic, just read through most of it, and seeing how it has went far and wide across the web already is amazing...!
    Shooter. Gamer. Hunter. Father. Geek. Atheist. NRA Life Member 2011
    http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/de...mber=Dark+Rose

This structure is doomed, I am actually a carpenter and will say that the material he used has almost 0 strength when on the flat the strength of dimensional lumber is on edge and he should be using at the absolute least for a shed 2x6 rafters and I would reccomend 2x8
    Quote Originally Posted by the nub View Post
    It's a shame considering he used all new materials. I know that in a lot of developing areas where there are shanty towns, construction can be really shoddy. There's no excuse for this though. As a side note, the sheathing probably doubled the strength of the structure- enough so that the guy was able to put the roofing material on.

Hahahahaaaaaaaa!!! That is classic. Not only has he screwed up but he has done it on so many levels there should be an award for it.

Yep, NAILED IT!
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

For those that dont want to look through all the pages, at least jump to page 17 for the final product.

Holy Crap!

The immensity of his incompetence is ..... staggering!
    Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

I find it rather unfortunate. The amount of effort this man put into building it wrong blows my mind. I think to build it properly would have been 10x easier