Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My UZI weighs a ton

This is a discussion on My UZI weighs a ton within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I told someone I was going to get my uzi weighs a ton hat and they advised against it because ...

No longer a community member.

My UZI weighs a ton

I told someone I was going to get my uzi weighs a ton hat and they advised against it because of the vulgarity ... Which makes me wonder what does that really mean?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish edwardsdigital's Avatar

Re: My UZI weighs a ton

Sounds like someone is hyper sensitive to the recent spat of gun violence to the point that the mere mention of the name of a gun sends them into fits of rage. The problem with that point of view is that if you google the phrase "my uzi weighs a ton" you get 2 possibilities on the first page:

1) One of my Favorite DE/JDN concoctions OR
    2) The old Public Enemy Song (ok.... maybe thats the vulgarity reference they meant - since it IS an attack on the ears :P )

I say get the hat and be happy.

I am also partial to the Baitfish for my smoke breaks at work, so I MAY be biased a little.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

I thought that IS what it meant? I know it's named after the Public Enemy song "Uzi", but I dont' get the vugarity of it...

To the best of my knowledge...

So don't start bassin cause I'll start placin... Bets on that you'll be disgracing... You and you mind from a beatin' from my rhymes... A time, a crime that I can't find... I'll show you my gun, my Uzi weighs a ton... Because I'm Public Enemy number one
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Maturing Puffer Fish

Maybe they thought uzi was a phallic reference. My..... explactive ......

weighs a ton.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten" - Benjamin Franklin.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by fuente~fuente View Post
    I thought that IS what it meant? I know it's named after the Public Enemy song "Uzi", but I dont' get the vugarity of it...

To the best of my knowledge...

So don't start bassin cause I'll start placin... Bets on that you'll be disgracing... You and you mind from a beatin' from my rhymes... A time, a crime that I can't find... I'll show you my gun, my Uzi weighs a ton... Because I'm Public Enemy number one
    Niiiice!

I can drop rhymes with the best of them. Better recognize!
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie

Young Puffer Fish

Props to MC fuente~fuente!

Thank you, thank you...

I'll be here all week folks. Remember to tip your waitress...
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie

The individual that told me about the vulgarity I believe understood what it meant right on the offset ( West Bank New Orleans )

"My rap's red hot, 110 degrees So don't start bassin' cause I'll start placin' Bets on that you'll be disgracing You and you mind from a beatin' from my rhymes A time, a crime that I can't find I'll show you my gun, my Uzi weighs a ton Because I'm Public Enemy number one"

I don't believe he is referencing a firearm It's like walking around with a hat saying ("I have a big ****") I thought it was because a Uzi does weigh a bit when you have one with an extended mag lol you put 32 rnds of .45 acp in a converted uzi it weighs a ton
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 04-11-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Sp@rky426's Avatar

Their quirky name stems from Drew Estate founder Jonathan Drew's favorite 6 x 60 vitola, lovingly called it his "Uzi." Picking up a wheel of them, he exclaimed, "Damn, my UZI weighs a TON!"

not sure why someone would find it vulgar, I have two of those hats they are trucker style with the open mesh. Im pretty sure they came with baitfish and +11 orders from Smoke Inn.

Obviously alot of people don't carry around UZI's anymore I just thought it was funny, because I was like my uzi does really weigh a ton when loaded. Then my buddy was like dude that is some vulgar shit. Then on here people are making references to firearms, another to the rap song, then am sure Jonathan Drew has his own deal, but I believe it means different things to different people which I find funny... Among the none cigar smoking gentry I believe it can be interpreted a lot of different ways...
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 04-11-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Wow, the things I learn on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by fuente~fuente View Post
    Thank you, thank you...

I'll be here all week folks. Remember to tip your waitress...
    Try the Veal!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGipper View Post
    Wow, the things I learn on this board.
    Demented, yes??? Save yourself, while you still can...
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    Try the Veal!
    I always loved the Try the Wine deal from clockwork orange...

Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 04-11-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast