Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Boston Marathon Bombed???

This is a discussion on Boston Marathon Bombed??? within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by CarnivorousPelican Just an update they are suspending the guys rights.. This is pretty nasty business suspending someones ...

Re: Boston Marathon Bombed???

Quote Originally Posted by CarnivorousPelican View Post
    Just an update they are suspending the guys rights.. This is pretty nasty business suspending someones rights... We are regressing politically and socially here... The country is a mob and the government the conductor. I have no problems putting this guy on trial and hanging him or however they dispose of individuals but when they start suspending your rights anyone's rights that are within the jurisdiction of the state we are moving towards something that I am against... This was a terrible act but once again the government never handles things in a democratic and free manner... This is where we all diverge in unity and where they lose my support...
    the US loses a lot of credibility for doing things like this. What a disaster.
    Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security. -Ben Franklin

Not Here

Let's veer away from the borderline political posts please.

Thanks
    BIA!!!

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Habanolover View Post
    Let's veer away from the borderline political posts please.

Thanks
    yes I think that's a good idea u bring in the p word and there bound to be argument let's keep it friendly

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish edwardsdigital's Avatar

Well.... I am glad they caught the kid, but no matter how vile the crime we should never revoke another persons human rights. This kid will probably spend the rest of his life (however short it may be) locked in some hell hole being tortured for information with no possibility of being saved by anyone since our wonderful government has decided he doesn't deserve rights.

Why is there an embargo on Cuba again????

Smoking makes me go Poo! Shemp75's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsdigital View Post
    Well.... I am glad they caught the kid, but no matter how vile the crime we should never revoke another persons human rights. This kid will probably spend the rest of his life (however short it may be) locked in some hell hole being tortured for information with no possibility of being saved by anyone since our wonderful government has decided he doesn't deserve rights.

Why is there an embargo on Cuba again????
    And you have a problem with that? If you are 100% guilty (AND HE IS!) of a heinous atrocity ( used my 2 big words of the day there!!) you deserve to lose your rights as a citizen and shouldnt even be considered human. I will sleep very soundly knowing that this scum will be tortured.
    "Before I bed you wench, have a look at my box of Glass top Cohibas!!"

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish edwardsdigital's Avatar

I was trying to stay out of the dark side of my thoughts on the subject...

If I were the guy that found him..... he would have been taken into custody in a body bag and his rights wouldn't be an issue right now. The fact that the IDEA of revoking someones rights was even publicly mentioned by our government is what I find to be beyond reproach.

Sorry... I actually had those as separate ideas, but they kinda melded together.

Resident Perdomo Whore Wicked_Rhube's Avatar

I think we might be missing the difference between "revoking rights", which the government can't legally do, and "not mirandizing" someone, because whatever they say won't be needed for a conviction (when there is plenty of evidence to convict). Probably all semantics and splitting hairs, but as someone living 20 minutes away from where they caught the prick, I'm less concerned with his miranda rights than knowing for sure that there are no booby-trap bombs out there. Not advocating torture, but I sleep better at night assuming there are some Jack Bauer type people doing some Jack Bauer type s#!t out there.
    "... it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake." -Mark Twain

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked_Rhube View Post
    I think we might be missing the difference between "revoking rights", which the government can't legally do, and "not mirandizing" someone, because whatever they say won't be needed for a conviction (when there is plenty of evidence to convict). Probably all semantics and splitting hairs, but as someone living 20 minutes away from where they caught the prick, I'm less concerned with his miranda rights than knowing for sure that there are no booby-trap bombs out there. Not advocating torture, but I sleep better at night assuming there are some Jack Bauer type people doing some Jack Bauer type s#!t out there.
    It is a slippery slope Sir since today it can could be used in accordance with justice but tomorrow is what I worry about when it is abused by tyranny... and that is all I have to say about this subject..

Smoking makes me go Poo! Shemp75's Avatar

Pelican, would you have been one of those people that got upset that the Boston Pd were searching houses with no warrants yesterday?
    "Before I bed you wench, have a look at my box of Glass top Cohibas!!"

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemp75 View Post
    Pelican, would you have been one of those people that got upset that the Boston Pd were searching houses with no warrants yesterday?
    I am not going to reply because the ADmin's don't want a political discussion here and I doubt you would really want to know my view on this... If you would like to be insulted message me and I can tell you what I really think. To be honest I was worried there for a bit thinking it could have been social anarchists jacking it up for the individualists but they normally target individuals...

Once again our hearts go out to the victims their families and individuals that have been affected by this tragic event...
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 04-20-2013 at 04:58 PM.

No argument just fact:

There is what's called the 'Public safety exception' applicable to Miranda rights.

The public safety exception applies where circumstances present a clear and present danger to the public's safety and the officers have reason to believe that the suspect has information that can end the emergency.

It's VERY clear to me that there is possible additional danger to the public and this Miranda exception is OBVIOUSLY justified. This is not something new.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3