Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Interesting facts about your family.

This is a discussion on Interesting facts about your family. within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; My grandad on my fathers side served as an MP near the end of ww2. My great grandad on my ...

Re: Interesting facts about your family.

My grandad on my fathers side served as an MP near the end of ww2.

My great grandad on my fathers side served in the army during ww2.

My great uncle on my fathers side served in the RAF throughout the course of ww2.

On my mothers side, her dad was sent to wales as a child (10 yrs old) at the outbreak of ww2, he spent 3 years in the mines as a bevin boy. In 1949 he enlisted to the royal armoured corps in London, later changing over to the Royal artillery corps of which he served with until 1960. After leaving the army he spent allot of time working as a truckie, spent some time as a speedway bike mechanic and travelled the world with his wife and daughter.
    Another interesting fact about my grandad is that to marry his wife who is Swedish he had to get permission from then king Gustaf of Sweden.

My great grandad on my mothers side was the police commissioner at New Scotland Yard, not sure when though.

My nan, grandad and my mum immigrated to Australia from England in 1962 on board the TSS Fairstar.

ughhhhh my family has Anglo Saxon heritage... that's about it really.

Cheers-
    Dazz
    Tobacco is a dirty weed. I like it.

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
    on my moms side they were from England last name burgesses as in the house of burgesses they late comers to the U.S. On my dads side they were some of the first to leap the pond. I have one that singed the declaration of independence and my grandfather fought in the battle of the bulge. I almost forgot this and @huskers you will like this one but my cousin was the head tennis coach in some school in Lincoln NE. go big red
    Wait, Nebraska has more sports than Football and wrestling?

Quote Originally Posted by huskers View Post
    Wait, Nebraska has more sports than Football and wrestling?
    growing up i did not tell my friends that and i think it ended bad dont remember what happend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2