Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Curious. What happeded to Puff?

This is a discussion on Curious. What happeded to Puff? within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; A few days without my fix seemed like an eternity. What happened?...

Curious. What happeded to Puff?

A few days without my fix seemed like an eternity. What happened?
    Gurkha is the main reason I have trust issues.

Puffer Fish with many spikes tnlawyer's Avatar

Re: Curious. What happeded to Puff?

I'd like to know the same thing. I did a google search for "what happened to puff.com" and came across a board that I won't name where there was a bit of shit talking going on.
    A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain

No idea, but it was the longet 4-days of my life. I actually had to carry on multiple conversations with my wife. I hope I never have to resort to that again.

Puffer Fish with some spikes JCubed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MDSPHOTO View Post
    No idea, but it was the longet 4-days of my life. I actually had to carry on multiple conversations with my wife. I hope I never have to resort to that again.
    Awesome.
    "Not all those who wander are lost..." - Tolkien

Leading Puffer Fish HTML5 Gordon's Avatar

Glad to see we are back! It was weird not being able to get my usual Puff visits in. It didn't stop me from smoking though! LOL

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish c.ortiz108's Avatar

Yeah, I'd like to know, too. To be honest, I'd be a little wary of doing any more buying or trading here without some reassurance that this was a fluke and that the site's not in danger of disappearing forever. Some of the other guys who migrated over to botl were expressing similar concerns.
    "By the cigars they smoke, and the composers they love, ye shall know the texture of men's souls." - John Galsworthy.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

There seems to have been some servers being converted or whatever. Not sure what happened but I would
    think we'll know more in a day or so.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by c.ortiz108 View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to know, too. To be honest, I'd be a little wary of doing any more buying or trading here without some reassurance that this was a fluke and that the site's not in danger of disappearing forever. Some of the other guys who migrated over to botl were expressing similar concerns.
    If you're paying using PP you have a method of contact to finish the transaction were there an outage. They are highly uncommon (I've never seen it down for more than 2 hour before this). I get the concern, but it seems somewhat unfounded.

Man I was going crazy. I finished off a side project and had some disposable income to get rid of and without Puff I am in the process of buying a new R/C Heli instead of my Wineador and some boxes. It must have been the worst timing with the IPCPR going on as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by MDSPHOTO View Post
    WINNING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    I'd like to know the same thing. I did a google search for "what happened to puff.com" and came across a board that I won't name where there was a bit of shit talking going on.
    someone even asked a Yahoo question
    https://au.answers.yahoo.com/questio...1182004AAQunWw

Alpha Puffer Fish Cigar-Enthusiast's Avatar

I figured if the people in charge wanted to let us know. Then they would let us know.
    However I'm just thankful Puff is up and running.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish c.ortiz108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    If you're paying using PP you have a method of contact to finish the transaction were there an outage. They are highly uncommon (I've never seen it down for more than 2 hour before this). I get the concern, but it seems somewhat unfounded.
    Good point, but in a trade I wouldn't have any method of contact outside my puff inbox. Yeah, I'd only lose some cigars (whicha has happened before even with communication!), but still...
    "By the cigars they smoke, and the composers they love, ye shall know the texture of men's souls." - John Galsworthy.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar-Enthusiast View Post
    I figured if the people in charge wanted to let us know. Then they would let us know.
    However I'm just thankful Puff is up and running.
    Hopefully we'll find out. I don't think it was a failure but rather a sudden change to the servers. Like I said, hopefully when things
    are sorted out we'll get more info.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Puffer Fish with some spikes jcazz's Avatar

An unannounced "sudden change" to the servers? That lasted 4 days? Sounds more like someone didn't pay their bandwidth/hosting bills and had to find a new colocation/host ASAP. It's a pretty poor way to run an online community and with no announcement as to "why and what" happened, well it tells me that we're the product not the customer.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Let's all just be a little bit patient until we find out what happened. When the whole story comes out, if anyone still feels like they were wronged, well ... there are other cigar forums where one can spend time. (I've heard)
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by jcazz View Post
    An unannounced "sudden change" to the servers? That lasted 4 days? Sounds more like someone didn't pay their bandwidth/hosting bills and had to find a new colocation/host ASAP. It's a pretty poor way to run an online community and with no announcement as to "why and what" happened, well it tells me that we're the product not the customer.
    Jump to conclusions much? 1. You're not the customer- last I checked, none of us pay for using this site 2. Give them some time to work it out, stuff happens and nothing good is served by making unfounded assumptions.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast