Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

"Internet Trolls Really Are Psychos" Forbes

This is a discussion on "Internet Trolls Really Are Psychos" Forbes within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Here's your proof. Internet Trolls Really Are Psychos - Forbes...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

"Internet Trolls Really Are Psychos" Forbes

Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Trust Me, I'm Not Lion SeanTheEvans's Avatar

Re: "Internet Trolls Really Are Psychos" Forbes

Funny article

I once saw this show where a Dr. was stating how people with bumper stickers are psychopathic, as they are attempting to force their beliefs upon the people around them, through personally advertising specific messages.

I'd agree with both takes
    I <3 Cigars

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

I'm no bumper sticker guy myself, but I fail to see how a bumper sticker makes someone psychopathic.

Don't we all try to change the opinions of folks we disagree with through conversation and argument? And that's not a bad thing.
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish tmoran's Avatar

That article was stupid...

Are you a troll if you simply disagree with certain subject matter and present a different view than the majority believes? Try to dispel old Dogma in any forum is met with disdain in almost every case and they will call... 'troll' simply because they disagree with your view and don't know how to defend theirs. This frustration leads to anger.

Arguments are a way of presenting a different point of view and shouldn't always be looked at as a negative. Much can be learned provided the argument can remain civil of course but usually there's at least one jerk in the crowd.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aninjaforallseasons
    I'm no bumper sticker guy myself, but I fail to see how a bumper sticker makes someone psychopathic.

Don't we all try to change the opinions of folks we disagree with through conversation and argument? And that's not a bad thing.

I should get you a bumper sticker that says I'm a Psycopathic Ninja. Maybe we can do it in the Coexist font.
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gdaddy View Post
    Are you a troll if you simply disagree with certain subject matter and present a different view than the majority believes? Try to dispel old Dogma in any forum is met with disdain in almost every case and they will call... 'troll' simply because they disagree with your view and don't know how to defend theirs. This frustration leads to anger.

Arguments are a way of presenting a different point of view and shouldn't always be looked at as a negative. Much can be learned provided the argument can remain civil of course but usually there's at least one jerk in the crowd.
    I wouldn't call someone a "troll" because they ask a question about why things are done a certain way or possibly disagree with some rules. If done in a respectful way
    it could develope into change, things change because someone just might have a better idea. We grow discussing better options.

A troll in my mind is someone who signs up and the first thing they post is how screwed up things are, why can't this be changed to suit me or your
    rules are stupid. They go out of their way to break as many rules as they can before they get banned. We see these in spurts sometimes and
    is a pain in the backside to chase stuff down.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Good article - I've always suspected that people who are rectal apertures on the web are the same in real life. We have to be careful not to label, though.

Speaking of bumper stickers, I was just thinking about mine this morning as I drove to work. I don't have messages; I have identity symbols:
    Copper-colored outline of the upper peninsula of Michigan - only a yooper or Michigander would recognize or even notice it. Ditto for the Detroit symbol - figure of a worker holding a wrench. University of Michigan themed license plate - nuff said. I also have a marathon-type oval sticker, but it has "7.62" as the number inside - RG bump for the first person who can tell me what that means

Quote Originally Posted by Bruck View Post
    Good article - I've always suspected that people who are rectal apertures on the web are the same in real life. We have to be careful not to label, though.

Speaking of bumper stickers, I was just thinking about mine this morning as I drove to work. I don't have messages; I have identity symbols:
    Copper-colored outline of the upper peninsula of Michigan - only a yooper or Michigander would recognize or even notice it. Ditto for the Detroit symbol - figure of a worker holding a wrench. University of Michigan themed license plate - nuff said. I also have a marathon-type oval sticker, but it has "7.62" as the number inside - RG bump for the first person who can tell me what that means
    I would prefer an oval type with 5.56 or perhaps a .308

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmyer View Post
    I would prefer an oval type with 5.56 or perhaps a .308
    OK, you got it, guess it wasn't so obscure RG 4 U. I thought about other calibers, but 7.62 looks enough like the ubiquitous 26.2 as to cause double-takes.

Internet trolls started out being defined as someone who intentionally started controversy. It referred to the practice of trolling as in fishing as opposed to the creature of legend who sits under a bridge and eats goats. The post was dangled in the forum like a hook waiting for someone to come along and take the bait. It has since morphed into a term which covers a wide array of real and imaginary slights.
    We're gonna need a bigger humidor