Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Who was the last CS member who really impressed you?

This is a discussion on Who was the last CS member who really impressed you? within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; .....opusxox!! Make it a sticky in the New Gorilla Forum!! http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=89809...

No longer a community member.

Re: Who was the last CS member who really impressed you?

.....opusxox!!
    Make it a sticky in the New Gorilla Forum!!

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=89809

IHT

the "last" CS member to impress me?

kheffelf - not because he recently overpayed his portion of the pipe tobacco lottery. nope, it's for all his hard work in getting the 2007 ClubStogie forum pipe under control and they're being worked on as we speak. he's done a great job handling all that, including the pissing and moaning from fellow gorillas because they didn't like the shape/stem/whatever...
    i'd bump him again if i could, very well deserved.

the next to last was?
    rjs - yes, the co-founder of clubstogie. not because he managed to stand upright after so many martini's at the chicago herf, but his passion for keeping clubstogie "snob-free" and the work he and many elders put into CS back in the day, and that vibe still rings true today.

the firsts to impress me?
    fredster, poker, motheman, drill, seagarsmoker, bruce5, mcgoospot, dvickery, lamar, brandon, and countless other guys who helped me when i was new here with their own cigar experiences - and they weren't SNOBS about it or looking for recognition from the masses.
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Can't answer that. It's kinda like asking a parent who their favorite child is, or having two friends present and having them ask who your best friend is. Most Recently, it was Booker. I just mentioned how I needed the stinky, and a few days later, its sitting on my deck. Guess I just answered it...interesting
    You couldn't pay me enough to post here...Just sayin'

No longer a community member.

I was in the head at MMH next to Icehog3 and sneezed, happened to look over and holy god....

Wait, what was the question again.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
    I was in the head at MMH next to Icehog3 and sneezed, happened to look over and holy god....

Wait, what was the question again.
    I'm just glad Bruce wasn't in the can with us, Dave!

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by IHT View Post

rjs - yes, the co-founder of clubstogie. not because he managed to stand upright after so many martini's at the chicago herf, but his passion for keeping clubstogie "snob-free" and the work he and many elders put into CS back in the day, and that vibe still rings true today.

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes smokeyscotch's Avatar

I am impressed every day. For the most part, I don't think you could find more humble, fun-loving people in one place anywhere else. I will just list whom I am am always impressed with. Whether it be for their knowledge, humor, generosity, or care for the forum and members, and just care for people in general.

smokeyjoe
    shaggy
    SteveDMatt
    Detroitpha357
    jmcrawf1
    OldSailor
    DonWeb
    ssutton
    screwbag
    scimmia
    stig
    RPB67
    68Trishield
    Ky Toker
    Spurnubber
    Marlboro Cigars
    The list just goes on and on.

This is online home to me. As my sig states you are all my friends. just because you are not on this list does not mean I do not notice you, I just can't think of everyone at one time.
    Tim

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish auradefect's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by screwbag View Post
    I gotta agree on Smokeyscotch...Really a good guy!

Others worth mentioning:

AuraDefect
    Smoked
    RJT
    Silhanek
    DonWeb - Awesome!!!

and several more have made my time here wonderful!!
    Thanks, that makes me feel good being somewhat of a newbie. I didn't even think anyone would remember my name on here.

I'd make a list but I'd be afraid I would accidently leave someone out, so many generous BOTL's here.

Maturing Puffer Fish SpurNubber's Avatar

As a newb, I would be remiss if I didn't say that I've been impressed with the entire board so far. I appreciate the open arms of the BOTL's. To be specific I have been impressed with my first trade interaction with smokeyscotch; he has been more than helpful. I have also been impressed with reggiebuckeye and cigar 040. Both of these guys granted more than my wish in the make a wish thread, of which I wasn't even expecting my wish to be granted. Thanks for making me feel welcome. You guys will not be forgotten
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." Charles H. Spurgeon

High Horse Rider dadof3illinois's Avatar

I've not been around much the past few months so the last CS member who really impressed me was the L-Ville Herf crew. You guys ROCK!!!

The first people around here that REALLY impressed me was Coppertop and IHT. Two guys that took this CS newbie under their wings and helped me along. Thanks guys!!!!

Two of the Three...

I'd have to say Squid and pnoon. Squid for everything he does to get smokes to guys that need that break more than any of us and helping me along with the info to pitch in a bit. And pnoon for staying on top of things and trying to help folks with useful information in his posts, he's always insightful. These guys are just the latest in a long line for me. There's great info here if everyone will be patient and polite.
    I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.
    ―Joe Walsh

Yook - really caught me off guard.
    KASR - I have not traded with him or anything of the sort but he has had the best contests in my mind and gave me my best wallpaper ever. Plus just watching from the vines he's a real role model for newbies

and of course Addiction - I stare at the screen just shaking my head in amazement more at him than anyone else.
    No! It is I who fooled you! For I am dead.. and merely acting alive!

So many have had a lasting impression on me during my time in the Jungle. I could never list them all, but there are a few that I have really became close to and value their opinions and advice very much.
    txdyna65...Kenny is probably the person I am closest to here at CS. We have bombed each other, traded back and forth, carried on numerous conversations via PM, etc... He is a top notch Gorilla, and someone I consider a friend.
    volfan....Scottie was my very first trade here in the Jungle, and since then has really been a role model to me and countless others. He's a stand up guy and someone I also consider a friend.
    icehog3...Tom...What can I say about Tom other than the fact he is one of the finest in the Jungle with a sense of humor to match his heart of gold. Truly an asset to CS who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.
    68TriShield....Dave is as good as they come, and always willing to listen and offer suggestions, not to mention getting me on Skype with the earphone mic that first night, and riding me until I got a headset.
    pnoon...Peter is a great role model and an awesome MOD who doesn't let that title go to his head. He does an excellent job of keeping on top of things here in the Jungle. His opinion I value and highly respect.
    Countless others here have impressed me at one time or another since I've been here, but the five above stand out the most for me.
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]It's more about the journey than it is the destination.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

RJT
    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes RJT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by screwbag View Post
    I gotta agree on Smokeyscotch...Really a good guy!

Others worth mentioning:

AuraDefect
    Smoked
    RJT
    Silhanek
    DonWeb - Awesome!!!

and several more have made my time here wonderful!!
    Wow thanks....You are a pretty good guy yourself.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Papichulo's Avatar

This thread should be called the gorilla bonding thread or a cigar band of brothers
    Chao!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast