Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Sancho Panza Sanchos 98 Review

This is a discussion on Sancho Panza Sanchos 98 Review within the Habanos Reviews forums, part of the Habanos Discussion category; The more I smoke these, the more I like them. I got a few boxes of these a few years ...

Pickin a Winner! One Lonely Smoker's Avatar

Sancho Panza Sanchos 98 Review

The more I smoke these, the more I like them. I got a few boxes of these a few years back, and so far have given out more of them than I have smoked, mostly because this is a smoke that should not be wasted by smoking it to early in it's life, and it's special occasion length helps in that regard. At a whopping 9 1/4 inches in length and a churchill in girth at 47 ring, it is a true work of art. Just looking at it makes your head spin in wonder as to how anyone could roll such a cigar and make it look better than most cigars half that long. It is absolutely perfect from head to foot without a soft spot or hitch in the draw. After 7 years, of course it lights perfectly and burns for 8 straigh inches with only a tiny peninsula of crookedness about halfway which burns off immediately. The flavor is so much softer and sweeter than the last time I had one a year ago. The aroma remains something of a spicy, sweet fried chicken aroma. The draw is slightly firm but really allows you to draw in such a way as to keep the burn straight and circular without getting too much smoke. The flavor is super-complex on a medium body. Little nuances dart in and out and leave you scratching your head as to what you actually taste, but it can be toffee-like and very much like a good smooth tea taste. To me though, not tea DRUNK but tea inhaled. You get a little of the Montecristo chocolate flavor that people talk about but I don't really taste as chocolate. Just more of a sweet, and creamy taste with a sharp edge. This is one of those cigars that you can almost always find aged stock in, and while a box of these is not very practical to own. on those occasions when you find that the time is right, you will be very glad that you DO own a box. NUBBED it, rate it at 94.

CS Noob Ambassador

Re: Sancho Panza Sanchos 98

Haven't had this one yet, but I have liked most of the SP's I have had...another one added to my list after that review lol

PaulMac
    Oderint Dum Metuant!
    They shall all drown in lakes of blood, now they will know why they fear the dark, now they will learn why they fear the night!

I have two of these that I'm waiting to share with my brother. It was a celebration cigar for the birth of my nephew, but we haven't gotten around to smoking them yet.

This review is making me look forward to it though.
    What would Lemmy do?

D. Generate posts: Now with added fake British accent! Brilliant! Cheers!

As usual, great review, OLS. "Sweet fried chicken aroma"...guess I'm going to have to find some of these and get a whiff of that.
    [SIZE="1"]For Rent[/SIZE]

ols
    pretty much the same story here...got a couple boxes in '01...have had 3 and usually get around to 1 a year.

absolutely correct about"when the time is right"before smoking one...same with erdm tainos about once a year i get a yen for one.

wonderful review

derrek