Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

New Cuban (Guantanamera Cristales)

This is a discussion on New Cuban (Guantanamera Cristales) within the Habanos Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I was in a cigar shop the other day and came accross what is supposed to be a new Cuban ...

New Cuban (Guantanamera Cristales)

I was in a cigar shop the other day and came accross what is supposed to be a new Cuban cigar. I'm kind of new to the cigar game but I'm catching up fast and thought I'd give it a try. Its called Guantanamera Cristales and smells real nice, but looks a little dry. I searched for it on the net and found a site that describes it as a very smooth and mild Cuban. Being someone who likes a milder and smoother cigar it sounded good to me so I lit it up to celebrate my team moving on in the playoffs. I'm not much of a reviewer yet but I could say that it was smooth and burned nice much to my surprise. Id like to hear if anyone know's anything about these cigars and if any of you gorilla's out there have tried it.

Smoke on
    Jorgy
    :s

blame me. Im ok with it.

Tried it but wasnt thrilled. Still have one left. Guess it just wasnt for me because I hear quite a few folks like em.

F.O.G. with nice smokes OnePyroTec's Avatar

Poker, I will trade ya a H.Upmann, Coronas Major for it.

OPT

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish cigartexan's Avatar

I tried a couple from a 10 box I got. I was not that impressed either. Not to say they're bad, just not for me. Mild, yes, but very one dimentional. Wayne, if Poker doesn't come through, I've got a couple left

Neener, Neener, Neener... Matt R's Avatar

I got a box but they looked better in the box than to actually smoke one. LMAO! I' had one of the other sizes and for a mchine made it was an OK smoke. Story I heard was that the tobacco used is actually cigarette tobacco, kinda tasted like what I remember cigarettes tasting like too.

blame me. Im ok with it.

OPT, its yours for free LOL

Smell isn't everything

I'd have to agree that even though it was mild and smelled good it probably wouldn't be a rich enough flavor for a more discerning palate. Good feed back. I've mentioned before that I received a box of Punch Grand Cru as a gift. I've enjoyed them so far but I wonder if you guy's have tried them and what you think. I'm trying to find the perfect reasonably priced cigar for me.

Jorgy

:s

Puffer Fish with some spikes ilikecigars's Avatar

never had one but have read that there an inexpensive, mild ,machine made cigar , i dont see them on too many sites though......
    ilikecigars

Well it is not cigarette tobaco but the tobaco is not from the vuelta abajo area in Cuba. It is from vuelta arriba (Partidos, Remedios) Area of Cuba. Hope this helps
    "KEEPONSMOKING & HAPPY CHURCHILLS"

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish cigartexan's Avatar

Yes the tobacco is from the Velta Ariba and it is cigar tobacco, but the land had been used in the past to grow cigarette tobacco. Just my 2 sense.

For what it is worth...

Jorgy,

I was told by LCDH in Windsor that the entire line was made from 'short filler.' That may not be bad, but it lends some credence to the 'cigarette' tobacco theory.

I have not tried one yet, but have heard from a few that if you like a mild cigar - you'll like Guantanamera.

Neener, Neener, Neener... Matt R's Avatar

Originally posted by cigartexan
    Yes the tobacco is from the Velta Ariba and it is cigar tobacco, but the land had been used in the past to grow cigarette tobacco. Just my 2 sense.

OK, that's what I had heard.

F.O.G. with nice smokes OnePyroTec's Avatar

Originally posted by poker
    OPT, its yours for free LOL
    Thanks Poker.

Cigartexan, to make the circle complete. If you want that Coronas Major I was talking about, it is yours. Keep in mind, Poker thinks even less of this cigar.

OPT

Well I may as well be a good husband..
    My wife recently started smoking cigars with me / us on occasion. Her favorite brand is "You guessed it" The new Guantanamera.
    Unfortuanatly for me her favorite cigar has been the dreaded Davidoff Chateau Latour and the Chateau Margaux from either 84 or 86 Eeee Gads! (figgures - a mortgage buster!)

So if you gorillas have a couple and you desire to not smoke them, Im sure she will gladly trade you something out of my humidor.
    (In other words I will glady recipricate..)
    The last time someone sent something for her.. "Ohh thats was so Nice - send them something special out of that Humidor there.." Come one package it up and put a note in there! she said!

Hbooker