Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grillin' and Smokin'...again

This is a discussion on Grillin' and Smokin'...again within the Smoking Action forums, part of the The Gallery category; Tonight, I was at home with my daughter while my wife was at work, so, we decided to grill (again). ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish wacbzz's Avatar

Grillin' and Smokin'...again

Tonight, I was at home with my daughter while my wife was at work, so, we decided to grill (again). No steaks tonight, but rather, sliders.

After mixing the beef with a couple of different rubs/spices

To the grill...

Oh no he didn't...is that an Illusione, or did he just break out the Hell's Handle?!?

Hurry up Dad...these shoes are starting to hurt my feet!

Nothing says slider like ketchup, mustard, pickles, and cheese on a small potato bun

Oh crap...that's not an Illusione. That's a Weapons of Mass Destruction ambush!

So it is what it is...

Thanks for looking.

Re: Grillin' and Smokin'...again

Simply excellent, enjoy!

Maturing Puffer Fish showcattle's Avatar

Those sliders looked delicious, as well as the cigars. Is your hamburger press a yellow plastic thing, Ive heard good things about them.

Tasty Eats followed by a nice selection of drink and smoke! Thats the way to do it! I could almost smell the sliders and that Viaje WMD!
    <---- Thats my dog "Cinder" just "chillaxin" with his favorite smoking hat on The 6 thousand dollar dog!

Quote Originally Posted by showcattle View Post
    Those sliders looked delicious, as well as the cigars. Is your hamburger press a yellow plastic thing, Ive heard good things about them.
    The press is like a mustard yellow/orange color. For the sliders, it has three compartments, and I have a larger version for single burgers. I've never used a press before, but after using the larger one last week, I'll never go back to simply patting out a burger for the grill. It seems silly to use a press, but I swear it keeps the burgers from bloating up in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by BDog View Post
    Tasty Eats followed by a nice selection of drink and smoke! Thats the way to do it! I could almost smell the sliders and that Viaje WMD!
    The beer that I was drinking later that is barely visible in the last photo on the left side is the Oktoberfest from Left Hand Brewery.

Zicke zacke, zicke zacke, hoi, hoi, hoi

Looks delicious Wil. I haven't had sliders in forever. I remember when my little one was that small. Now shes 22, 6'1" and married. Making memories with your daughter and enjoying some quality beer and smokes to boot. I suggest it doesn't get any better than that!!

P.S. That hat is pretty damn awesome too.

I actually went to elementary school with Adam Corrola if you can believe it! He was one of two of the notorious bullies in the school and was very crass even at a young age.

The sliders do look awesome and I want to try the press. I like how it makes the little swirls in the meat. Who makes it?
    <---- Thats my dog "Cinder" just "chillaxin" with his favorite smoking hat on The 6 thousand dollar dog!

I actually went to elementary school with Adam Corrola if you can believe it! He was one of two of the notorious bullies in the school and was very crass even at a young age.

The sliders do look awesome and I want to try the press. I like how it makes the little swirls in the meat. Who makes it?
    The Man Show was simply an extension of his personality - and I loved it!

The press is made by Charcoal Companion. You can find them online at a ton of places, but I got my two presses from Kroger (a grocery store here in VA) on summer close-out for dirt cheap. The single burger press was $2.49 and the tripple slider press was $1.99.

From a slightly earlier time...

Ribs

Two different Fatty's

Sorry there's no cigars in those photos...

I'm watching you.

What on earth did you wrap up in all that bacon??
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Quote Originally Posted by jphank View Post
    What on earth did you wrap up in all that bacon??

That's a fatty. There are a bunch of ways to cook them, but for mine, essentially, you take a tube of breakfast sausage (I use Jimmy Dean, but there are a ton of brands out there), pound it out flat, add your ingredients - in the above case, I added potatoes and two types of cheese - roll it all together, lay it over a bacon weave, and grill.

I promise, if you like meat, you will love this. My Father-in-Law scoffed at the idea, and he ended up being the one that ate the most.

Puffer Fish with some spikes shakinghorizons's Avatar

Incredible pictures!! Looks like a great time with your daughter as well. I just *might* have to steal your fatty idea!

Fatty , fatty 2 x 4! Looks Delicious! Careful with that barbeque sauce. Add it only in the last 2 minutes so as to not burn the sauce and create lots of carcinogens. I know its not as good that way but better for you. Although judging by your choice of grilling ingredients I am not sure health is the first thing that comes to mind.

Look at all that delicious bacon. Now there's a heart attack, I can sink my teeth into.

Fatty , fatty 2 x 4! Looks Delicious! Careful with that barbeque sauce. Add it only in the last 2 minutes so as to not burn the sauce and create lots of carcinogens. I know its not as good that way but better for you. Although judging by your choice of grilling ingredients I am not sure health is the first thing that comes to mind.
    No sauce on the ribs. That's two different kinds of rub and the dark part is called bark; very desireable and very tasty. They took about four hours to smoke/cook. When you pick the ribs up at one end with tongs, the bark should break so that you can just see the meat underneath.

Here you go > BBQ Bark

BTW, I only cook fatty's for guests - you're right, a bacon bomb every week would be detrimental to one's health!!

Shakinghorizons - you're not taking my idea. Besides, I'm the kind of BBQ guy that loves to share. Have at it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast