Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My First LP #9

This is a discussion on My First LP #9 within the Smoking Action forums, part of the The Gallery category; They only get better Brian. Let them nap a bit....

Re: My First LP #9

They only get better Brian. Let them nap a bit.

Small fish in a big pond

Quote Originally Posted by Scott W. View Post
    They only get better Brian. Let them nap a bit.
    It's been tough Scott, I mean just look at these beauties, they are downright irresistible Name:  image.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  64.6 KB

Yes, I agree . But it will be worth it. Or you can smoke one now and let the others sit. I've been resting a 10 pack of 9s for 2 years and I have to exercise a lot of self control to not grab one every time I walk past my humidor

Quote Originally Posted by socalocmatt View Post
    True. According to them, they are good to go and aged to when they feel they will be best. But, as with most cigars, some people prefer more rest and some will prefer aging them for a few years. Its all up to you. Best way to know is to try a fresh one and rest a couple. If you like the direction they are heading, give them a bit more rest until you find a 'sweet spot' where you like them the most. For me, I have no 9 pigs that I will still age even though they are over 3 years old. But thats just me. I also like the fresh so I will age some and smoke others.

This is why I love to buy boxes, I always smoke one right away, then 1 every 3to 6 months till I find the "sweet spot". And the great thing with LP's in my experience is a great adventure with Every box, 9's especially but recently got a box of unico feral pigs, excited to see how they progress with rest.

JJ3

Had the Belicoso and Robusto and they were both delicious.

I have to get my hands on some LP's

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Had a 52 today and although it was good. I think I'll stick with the #9s out of my box.

My opinion:
    NO AGING, but definitely some resting, between 4 to 6 months, to let them stabilize from the trip home and to my desired RH.
    A southamerican BOTL

Quote Originally Posted by Archun View Post
    My opinion:
    NO AGING, but definitely some resting, between 4 to 6 months, to let them stabilize from the trip home and to my desired RH.
    Archun. New to the difference between "aging" and "rest". My guess is you are talking in terms of time? Or is it something else? Thanks. TCB

Quote Originally Posted by TCBSmokes View Post
    Archun. New to the difference between "aging" and "rest". My guess is you are talking in terms of time? Or is it something else? Thanks. TCB
    Tom,
    Yes, its a matter of time, but I didn't want to go into detail because its been discussed in hundreds of threads.
    Basically, depends on what each believes, but we could say 0 to 1 year would be resting, and anything over a year would be Aging...Some people say aging is above 2 or 3 years, anyways.
    And for what I've read written by Steve Saka, former President of Drew Estate (and LP mastermind)is that all Liga Privada cigars are already been rested for 2 or 3 years when they're released and are already at their peak, so no need of aging any longer, only resting is suggested to let them get back to normal after shipping.
    According to some other LP enthusiasts, Liga Privada actually decreases when Aging. Since I've been smoking Ligas for about a year, I have not yet tried any over that period of time so I couldn't say.
    A southamerican BOTL

Archun. Thanks for the explanation. TCB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2