Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My First LP #9

This is a discussion on My First LP #9 within the Smoking Action forums, part of the The Gallery category; I smoked my firat LP9 today at the Oktoberfest Herf in Anaheim. Now I understand why these things are so ...

My First LP #9

I smoked my firat LP9 today at the Oktoberfest Herf in Anaheim. Now I understand why these things are so popular. That was a very tasty stick.
    Name:  Picture1021121813_1.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  41.8 KB

Re: My First LP #9

just wait till you smoke your 2nd, then your 3rd then your, well you get the idea.
    - Sin City Bomber -

Jake hit me with one on the NST. I have yet to try it. I am kinda nervous and also if I love it which I think might be the case, it is going to be so hard not to go crazy trying to find more.
    "A fine cigar should fall apart in your hands like a neurotic woman!" - Fernando

No longer a community member.

Really hoping I can try a single of the 9 and 52 sometime. I'd probably age them a bit tho.

I rested mine for about 5 months.

I'm watching you.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Drew View Post
    Jake hit me with one on the NST. I have yet to try it. I am kinda nervous and also if I love it which I think might be the case, it is going to be so hard not to go crazy trying to find more.
    I know Jordan isn't JDrew, but still, seeing a post with J.Drew saying he smoked his NST LP9 just makes me laugh

It was good herfing with you today Darrel!
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Quote Originally Posted by jphank View Post
    I know Jordan isn't JDrew, but still, seeing a post with J.Drew saying he smoked his NST LP9 just makes me laugh

It was good herfing with you today Darrel!
    I thought the same thing...and I always look forward to herfing with you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Draepheus View Post
    Really hoping I can try a single of the 9 and 52 sometime. I'd probably age them a bit tho.
    maybe one of the more experienced LP smokers can validate this, but i seem to remember hearing that they really don't need a ton of age on them.

ROTT or rested I think they're awesome! Plus, according to Steve, they ship them when they're ready...
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

It was a great day at Octoberfest!

Puffer Fish with some spikes NoirNick's Avatar

Just got a T52 from a friend of mine. These are definitely some of the best smokes around in my opinion. Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by android View Post
    maybe one of the more experienced LP smokers can validate this, but i seem to remember hearing that they really don't need a ton of age on them.
    True. According to them, they are good to go and aged to when they feel they will be best. But, as with most cigars, some people prefer more rest and some will prefer aging them for a few years. Its all up to you. Best way to know is to try a fresh one and rest a couple. If you like the direction they are heading, give them a bit more rest until you find a 'sweet spot' where you like them the most. For me, I have no 9 pigs that I will still age even though they are over 3 years old. But thats just me. I also like the fresh so I will age some and smoke others.

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

In my experience, they're pretty good fresh, and phenomenal with a bit of downtime. ymmv, it just depends on whether you want that fresh bit of punch to them, or if you want it to be a smoother smoke.
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Looks great! I just picked up a #9 four pack sampler. It'll be tough to give them a week or so in the humi to get over their jet lag.

Small fish in a big pond

Had my first LP9 robusto around New Years last year. I also bought the 4 pack sampler and just couldn't wait to smoke one.It was a good smoke but think it would have benifitted from a little more time in the humidor.I've been holding on to the other 3 sizes for about a year now and can't wait to light one up and see what they taste like.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast