Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11

AL is in the house!

This is a discussion on AL is in the house! within the Southern forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; Huntsville, AL to be exact. Ping me if you like to smoke LOL!...

  
  1. #1

    Young Puffer Fish RodneyFournier's Avatar


     

    AL is in the house!

    Huntsville, AL to be exact. Ping me if you like to smoke LOL!

  2. #2

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Dun killin time's Avatar


     
    PING!!!!
    from Arab

  3. #3

    ReV
    ReV is offline
    No longer a community member.


     
    well, i'm 8 hours away, but if you find yourself down here in Mobile...

  4. #4

    Young Puffer Fish RodneyFournier's Avatar


     
    Quote Originally Posted by Dun killin time View Post
    PING!!!!
    from Arab
    Nice and close, cool! Where besides the Internet do you shop in AL?
    Smoke 'em, if you got 'em

  5. #5

    Young Puffer Fish bamawrx's Avatar


     
    Hey ReV,

    I'm about an hour north of you. New to this forum but not others like CA. I heard about this one from Dogwatch social club.

    I take my wife to Ruth's Chris in Mobile on special occasions, but we do most of our shopping in Pensacola. I have a B&M down there that takes good care of me on the premium stuff.

    Is there another place to smoke in Mobile to meet other BOTL's?

  6. #6

    Elder Puffer Fish Leader mrgatorman's Avatar


     
    Welcome Bama...

  7. #7

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Dun killin time's Avatar


     
    Quote Originally Posted by RodneyFournier View Post
    Nice and close, cool! Where besides the Internet do you shop in AL?
    The only place I shop locally is the ‘humidor pipe shop’ on the parkway.
    Can you suggest any others close by?
    Maybe we could get together and herf some time…
    PM me if you would like to set one up sometime.

  8. #8

    ReV
    ReV is offline
    No longer a community member.


     
    Quote Originally Posted by bamawrx View Post
    Hey ReV,

    I'm about an hour north of you. New to this forum but not others like CA. I heard about this one from Dogwatch social club.

    I take my wife to Ruth's Chris in Mobile on special occasions, but we do most of our shopping in Pensacola. I have a B&M down there that takes good care of me on the premium stuff.

    Is there another place to smoke in Mobile to meet other BOTL's?

    kind of yes and no.... our ownly true B&M is Tinder Box... but its in a mall, so no lounge... in all honesty, theres no real 'cigar lounge'... this agrivates me to no end... however, there are a few of us trying to organize... if you've ever heard of Guido's restaurant (right down Gov't St. from Ruth's Chris), there's a new bar they put in called 'The Attic' above the restaurant... cigars are allowed in there, but its not a cigar bar... as far as B&M's go.... i strolled up into Cottage Hill Package store because i live close to it and they have a walk in... turns out, if you want CAO, RP, CT, Ashto, or Fuente... they have twice the selection and better prices than Tinder Box... but they don't have many more brands than those big ones... i've been meaning to check out the P-cola scene, but i'll add you to the contact list for when us Mobile smokers decide to meet up again... or if you find yourself this way, let me know.... you should go give an intro about yourself up in the intro section.

  9. #9

    ReV
    ReV is offline
    No longer a community member.


     
    Hey, also, if you know more folks from this area, recruit them to this site please... the few of us that do get together are looking for other locals... we know they're there, just we never meet anyone due to lack of lounges.

  10. #10

    Young Puffer Fish bamawrx's Avatar


     
    I am not aware of any locals that enjoy cigars. My only cigar buddy is from out of town, so I get to sit down and enjoy a cigar with him about 1-2 times a month. It would be nice to have a regular cigar club type place to visit, network, and most of all share/enjoy cigars. I am not familiar with Guido's, but is sounds like a place that may be worth checking out.

    I'll try to get over to the intro thread when I get a chance.

  11. #11

    ReV
    ReV is offline
    No longer a community member.


     
    Quote Originally Posted by bamawrx View Post
    I am not aware of any locals that enjoy cigars. My only cigar buddy is from out of town, so I get to sit down and enjoy a cigar with him about 1-2 times a month. It would be nice to have a regular cigar club type place to visit, network, and most of all share/enjoy cigars. I am not familiar with Guido's, but is sounds like a place that may be worth checking out.

    I'll try to get over to the intro thread when I get a chance.
    Guido's is a pretty nice restaurant, they have a couple different menues, one is on par with ruth's chris, one is more like a pizza and sub place and the other is the 'tapas' menue for the Attic... anyrate, we TRY to meet up every other week here, but it doesn't work out always... PM me a sure fire way to get in touch with you (e-mail or something) and i'll notify you next time we are getting together


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •