Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Alto Plaza - Centreville, VA

This is a discussion on Alto Plaza - Centreville, VA within the Southern forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; I highly recommend this place.. You can either do casual dining (they call it that, but it doesn't sit on ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes sboyajian's Avatar

Alto Plaza - Centreville, VA

I highly recommend this place..

You can either do casual dining (they call it that, but it doesn't sit on the levels of Tuesdays or Applebees.. a few steps up) on the 1st and 2nd floor.. or you can go to the closed off (elevator access only) 3rd floor for fine dining and music. We opted for casual

(160 w/ tip for 4 people, each with a drink and desert).. then retreated to their enclosed Cigar Lounge, complete with full bar and balcony. They even stock cigars in there house humidor (although I would suggest you bring your own -- I'm not paying $28 for a PAM Torpedo, even if it is my favorite.. but surpringly the house humidor, while small, contains some quality brands (Davidoff, Fonseca, CAO, H.Upmann, Fuente, etc).

Definately recommend this place for anyone..

Best part is, you can go straight to the lounge.. you don't have to have dinner there to use it.

Herf one day..

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

I didn't see this post back around the 20th. Sounds like a nice place, I might be up for a road trip/herf one day.

Puffer Fish with some spikes FunkyCold5's Avatar

Hmmm. Never heard of it. Might have to check it out.

Sorry I missed the Herf.

Thanks for the info on the place though.

Snapping this pic from their house humidor gave me that funny feeling below the equator...

However, the fairly typical 100%+ markup steered me clear... $30 a stick...

Also a quick note for anyone hoping to get a cigar in over lunch- No can do- The 3rd floor lounge doesn't open until 5- But you can go up and check the place out, no harm, no foul...

I think an after-work happy hour herf is in order...
    'It is fatal to enter any war without the proper supply of fine cigars' ---- Col Austin "Big Bird" Schmidt

Re: Alto Plaza - Centreville, VA

Anyone been here lately ? Just found out about it from a friend, thinking of heading over there tomorrow evening for some cigars/drinks.

-me

Puffer Fish with some spikes contract's Avatar

Re: Alto Plaza - Centreville, VA

Spoke to a manager there this weekend. They are going to remove the cigar bar and turn the entire top floor into a high-end sushi restaurant/dance club. They said there is just not enough business brought in by the cigar bar.