Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Herf at local B&M/Cigar Shops: Etiquette

This is a discussion on Herf at local B&M/Cigar Shops: Etiquette within the Southern forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; Just a reminder If you are holding a herf at a B&M/Cigar Shop keep in mind that the owner is ...

Herf at local B&M/Cigar Shops: Etiquette

Just a reminder
    If you are holding a herf at a B&M/Cigar Shop keep in mind that the owner is turning over his shop to you. It would be very appreciative to support the guys that allow us the use of their shop. So please buy at least one cigar when the herf is going on.

One good way to do this is to have a Cigar Pass. Each member can buy a cigar and then you do a Cigar Pass among the members there.

Alpha Puffer Fish

Re: Herf at local B&M/Cigar Shops: Etiquette

Good rule of thumb. Any time I have friends meet up at B&M we buy a stogie or two at the store we are visiting. I always ask too before I bring in my traveling herf. What is a cigar pass though? Like musical chairs with cigars?
    Join the CRA: defend your cigar freedom!!
    Check out my Cigar Review podcast in its Audio format: http://calypsocigar.podomatic.com

I wouldn't feel right going to any cigar shop and smoking there without buying anything, by myself or with friends. If I go to a shop to smoke/herf, everything I smoke will be coming from their humidor...just doesn't feel right any other way.
    You can't be friends with a squirrel! A squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit.
    My Personal Blog: Out of Shadow

I'm watching you.

The owner of my local lounge doesn't allow outside cigars, period.

I'm trying to convince him that if a customer buys one, let them smoke one -- they will probably come back and spend more if you let them herf a rested stick.
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

So how does one go about putting something like that on?
    You think I'm kidding.....

Newbie in the ocean

Never done this before, but I think you visit a shop and ask them if it's ok to have a few friends meet there bringing their own cigars as long as they make a purchase. Then post it here for locals to see.

I realize this is an old post, but I was wondering the same thing and hoping someone can confirm.