Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Hillbilly Herf

This is a discussion on Hillbilly Herf within the Southern forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; Ok, after much patience and much waiting for a date...we think we have a solution. A small group of us ...

jbo
    Puffer Fish with many spikes jbo's Avatar

Hillbilly Herf

Ok, after much patience and much waiting for a date...we think we have a solution. A small group of us got together last night and talked about the herf. First of all, we appreciate Zack for all he's done in the past as well as all the Hillbilly's. This has been an event that we have all looked forward to.

We are floating the date of the second Saturday in November for the herf. That would be November 14th. We need your input. If that weekend works for enough herfers, we will start putting the details together!
    Oskee Wow Wow!

Puffer Fish with some spikes EnyafanJT's Avatar

Re: Hillbilly Herf

is it still nov 14th? if so i need to know so i can ask off that weekend. somebody please let me know.

jbo

James...sorry, man, I was on another board and forgot about this post until today. The date was changed because nobody could make it on that weekend. The new date is December 12th. I will let you know what the plans are. I don't know any details on the pre herf, but I know that on Saturday, some are planning to go to the tobacco shop in the late morning. Then they are going to have lunch at the Bar b q place and then head over to On The Mark for the herf. Again, I'm sorry I'm so slow getting back to this.
    Oskee Wow Wow!

jbo

OK, after much planning and having to wait for Andrew to do some healing, we are now ready to announce the schedule for our upcoming Hillbilly Herf on December 11-12.

Pre-Herf
    Friday, December 11th
    -----------------------------------
    River Grille Steakhouse
    1003 McClain Rd.
    Bentonville AR. 72712

We have reservations for up to 10 on the patio from 5pm until whenever - yes, that's outside... in December.

2 Things:
    1) Their bone-in ribeye is back on the menu.
    2) I have made sure that they have AT LEAST 4 bone-in ribeyes the 11th (I can try to expand this as needed) I don't want to leave them hanging with a $40 steak if someone doesn't show up.

Menu:
    River Grille Steakhouse

Hillbilly Herf
    Saturday, December 12th - Short Itinerary
    09:30am-11:00am - B&Ms - Stock up.
    11:00am-12:00pm - Whole Hog BBQ (a non smoking establishment) - Food.
    12:00pm-???? - On the Mark - herf and food.
    Hillbilly Herf
    Saturday, December 12th - Long Itinerary
    09:30am-11:00am - B&Ms - Stock up.
    I've listed the addresses of our two B&Ms below - the Tobacco Shop you all know, they have a great selection of cigars, pipes, and tobacco; and have recently started expanding their inventory - they have landed some new accounts and have started carrying a few things that they used to not to. It is my home away from home.

The Wedington Cigar shop is new, as far as I know they don't carry any pipes or pipe tobacco, but they do have a wide selection of cigars. They are a newer shop so they don't have some of the other accounts that The Tobacco Shop has.

Tobacco Shop
    The Tobacco Shop
    121 W Township St # 21
    Fayetteville, AR
    (479)444-8311

Wedington Cigars
    Hours sometimes vary - opens 9:30-10ish usually.
    3075 W Wedington Dr
    Fayetteville, AR 72704

11:00am-12:00pm - Whole Hog BBQ (a non-smoking establishment) - Food.
    We're going here because they have the best 'tater salad on the planet, and great BBQ. If you don't agree, the line starts at THE Chad. They've also won a few awards (look for the trophies when you walk in). It's a nonsmoking establishment (except for their meats) so don't light up here. If BBQ isn't your thing, there's good eats at our herf spot (On the Mark).

Whole Hog Cafe
    3009 N College Ave
    Fayetteville, AR 72703-3417
    (479) 442-0100

12:00pm-???? - On the Mark - herf and food.
    This is where we were last year - it's a sports bar with food and drinks. They have TVs if there's a game on that you're worried about missing.

We have reservations in the private cigar room but can move out into the main room if needed. They wave the $75 reservation fee if we have 15 people, which I don't think will be an issue, but if you're on the fence about coming... save me a buck or two and come on down!

Sunday, December 13th
    If anyone would like to meet up for breakfast or brunch - we can plan this as needed.

Misc. Info
    1) We have a few out-of-towners that have already made hotel reservations, if you would like some suggestions, don't hesitate to contact me.
    2) If anyone gets lost in Fayetteville call my cell - if you don't have it, PM me for the info.
    3) THE Chad may or may not be having a birthday this weekend... I'm just sayin' ;-)
    4) There is no four.
    CaddoMoney is online now Add to CaddoMoney's Reputation Report Post Reply With Quote
    Oskee Wow Wow!