Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Last hurrah for Robustos 9/3

This is a discussion on Last hurrah for Robustos 9/3 within the Southern forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; Got this email today. It's the sad end of a brief era. First we lost the monthly herf, and now ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Last hurrah for Robustos 9/3

Got this email today. It's the sad end of a brief era. First we lost the monthly herf, and now this. Very very sad.
    "Robusto's Last Hoorah" Liquidation Night

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Robusto's Cigar Lounge

20940 Katy Freeway Suite I Katy, TX 77449

7pm-11pm

$30 per person with open bar

50% off all boxes of cigars and accessories

Join us Thursday, September 3rd from 7pm-11pm at Robusto's Cigar Lounge for an open bar and 50% off all boxes of cigars and accessories.

Please RSVP with Carpe Diem Productions by emailing tiffany@carpediempr.net or call 713.225.0640.

Re: Last hurrah for Robustos 9/3

I hear yo Troy!

Hey if anybody wants to go we are meeting up there on Wed night to share a last cigar there! I don't feel like spending the $30 cover and fighting what may be a crazy crowd Thursday night. If I didn't have to work and could drink I would be game LOL.

Anyway tomorrow night (Wed Sept 2nd) at 630PM. Be there!

I too am sad about this, although I think there will still be a place to drink , and buy cigars at this location. Give it 30 days.
    They have all the cigars marked down 50% right now.
    I plan on Thursday night to suck down that 30 year old single malt, don't think I can make it tomorrow.
    Why in the hell should I have to "Press 1 for English?"

Sounds like you know more then I do, doesn't surprise me because you go there more then me. I hope you are right!

CIGARANADO SMOKING HANDSOME DUDE's Avatar

Melody and I miss our monthly herf. We need to start this up again.
    May your cigar burn slow and your ash be long.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I might be able to make it but it all depends on our sons homework level.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKING HANDSOME DUDE View Post
    Melody and I miss our monthly herf. We need to start this up again.
    It has been a very crazy year for me and Tiffany, maybe soon we can get something going again.

Hope you make it Sam.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Sorry to hear about a place like that,,even with the great reduced pricing.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Yeah Gary, there have been a lot of things happen there. For one that is where I ended up meeting most of the Houston crew. We had Sam Leccia there before the Nub was released, he was there for a going away party for dHutch who was headed off to war, Sam brought three boxes of the Nub and we all got to smoke them before they ever hit the market. David (dHutch) was hurt in the war (came back with a Purple Heart, he is our Hero!) and we had another herf for him there. Many many great times there including getting engaged there. Yeah we had a large herf one night there so what better place to ask Tiffany to marry me then in front of most of our friends. It will be missed!

Oh I also forgot the "Herf Across CigarLive" where we had a few cities all hook up over the net for a herf, that was a fun night! I think me and Sam (Cypress) where the last two drunks online that herf LOL.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    Yeah Gary, there have been a lot of things happen there. For one that is where I ended up meeting most of the Houston crew. We had Sam Leccia there before the Nub was released, he was there for a going away party for dHutch who was headed off to war, Sam brought three boxes of the Nub and we all got to smoke them before they ever hit the market. David (dHutch) was hurt in the war (came back with a Purple Heart, he is our Hero!) and we had another herf for him there. Many many great times there including getting engaged there. Yeah we had a large herf one night there so what better place to ask Tiffany to marry me then in front of most of our friends. It will be missed!
    Now that is indeed sad to hear esp. with all of those memories. Guess that is the sentimental part of me,,,I usually will make a memory with a certain cigar ( esp. when it comes to my vacations ) but to lose a place where you invested those memories,,,now that would be difficult. You'll just to have to take Tiffany to Paris and make a new one, Frank,,,,and remarry her there like I am going to do with my wife on our 5th anniversary.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Paris, Texas Paris LOL just joking.

Yeah she would love that for sure! Hopefully one day!