Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Houston Movie Herf 10-03-09

This is a discussion on Houston Movie Herf 10-03-09 within the Southern forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; Well if anybody here is like me then you will love this idea. You see every time I go to ...

Houston Movie Herf 10-03-09

Well if anybody here is like me then you will love this idea. You see every time I go to the movies now days I sit there and think, man this would be awesome if I could smoke a stogie in here! Well this time you will be able to!!

When: Oct 3rd

Where: The Showboat Drive In Theater Welcome to The Showboat Drive in Theater located in Hockley, Texas
    Located of 2920 just 10 miles south of Tomball or 5 miles off of 290.

Time: Gates open at 7PM

What: Movies and cigars

Ok as you can see this is a drive in theater. I have been here a couple times and thats what it is LOL. Your ticket is good for two shows and the movie starts at dusk. Gates open at 7PM and it would be best for all that are going to try and get there as close to 7 as you can so we can all park together. There is no bringing in food or drinks they have a snack shop you can buy food at. Right now there is no way of knowing what Movies will be playing, will just have to stay tuned for this. Tickets are only $5 a person. Go to the website to check out all the rules etc... There is no mention of smoking or not smoking on the website, being its outside I don't see a problem, but I have a email off to them just to make sure. Any questions just let me know.

Re: Houston Movie Herf 10-03-09

Ok this is the email I got back from The Showboat about smoking.

"No problem.
    Thanks for asking"

So we are good to go!

Easier without the hat. Bigtotoro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    Well if anybody here is like me then you will love this idea. You see every time I go to the movies now days I sit there and think, man this would be awesome if I could smoke a stogie in here! Well this time you will be able to!!

When: Oct 3rd

Where: The Showboat Drive In Theater Welcome to The Showboat Drive in Theater located in Hockley, Texas
    Located of 2920 just 10 miles south of Tomball or 5 miles off of 290.

Time: Gates open at 7PM

What: Movies and cigars

Ok as you can see this is a drive in theater. I have been here a couple times and thats what it is LOL. Your ticket is good for two shows and the movie starts at dusk. Gates open at 7PM and it would be best for all that are going to try and get there as close to 7 as you can so we can all park together. There is no bringing in food or drinks they have a snack shop you can buy food at. Right now there is no way of knowing what Movies will be playing, will just have to stay tuned for this. Tickets are only $5 a person. Go to the website to check out all the rules etc... There is no mention of smoking or not smoking on the website, being its outside I don't see a problem, but I have a email off to them just to make sure. Any questions just let me know.
    I'll be doing prep for a wedding that weekend.

I have no use for RG.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

We should be there!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

I'll put it on the calendar- we might be able to make it. Should be fun.

Full grown Puffer Fish mphilipp's Avatar

won't be able to make this one. It's been a while since I've seen all of you. Sam, I still have your lighter fluid

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    We should be there!
    It takes a herf to get you to finally experience the drive in. It's about time, baby.
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

It's a bye week for Texas so I should be able to make it...
    The other day I was so desperate for a cigar I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers.

This is going to be awesome!

CIGARANADO SMOKING HANDSOME DUDE's Avatar

Mel and I won't be able to make it. We will be on vacation.
    May your cigar burn slow and your ash be long.

Puffer Fish with some spikes bs240's Avatar

Sounds like a lot of fun too bad I am helping in the pits this weekend at the race track... Cant wait for the next one though

Its going to be awesome! I figure we will have 6 to 8 people which is a small number compared to what we used to get, but believe me it will still be sweet!

Everybody going, we need to be there by 7 when they open so we can all park together and get a good spot!

Ok, weather doesn't look so good so far for this weekend, have we figured an alternate plan in case of a rain out? I also checked the movie listing and this is what they are showing this weekend.
    front movie screen:
    1st feature: Fame
    2nd feature: All About Steve

back movie screen:
    1st feature: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
    2nd feature: Bandslam
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Ok plan B, let me know what y'all think. Right now it looks like the only people going are Myself and Tiffany, Sam and Martha, Bo, and Troy and Rhonda if they can get a baby sitter.

So if all of you are ok with this I just say we go with plan B since the movies playing are not very good cigar movies LOL.

Alamo Draft House on Mason Rd in Katy. We can meet there at around 6, get in a short smoke before the movie "ZOMBIELAND" which starts at 745. If you haven't been here they have a full bar and menu so you can drink and eat during the movie. After the movie we can sit outside, can still get drinks from the bar and of course smoke.

Alamo Drafthouse :: Mason

Let me know.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

We are down. Going to try to get some new people out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast