Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Texas Cigar Festival

This is a discussion on Texas Cigar Festival within the Southern forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; ...

Texas Cigar Festival

Texas Cigar Festival

When: Saturday April 24, 2010
    Where: Houston, TX
    Time: 6:30PM 10:30PM
    The Texas Cigar Festival will be an exciting cigar event with an even more impressive setting. Sitting just on the edge of the heavily wooded Memorial Park sits an eight story parking garage. With its huge flat surface eight floors in the air and panoramic views of the Galleria area, the stage for this event stands to be larger than life. Twenty of the finest cigar companies combined with excellent food, fine wines and spirits will give five hundred customers an evening they will never forget.

See Serious Cigars website for more info...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Re: Texas Cigar Festival

So...who is going at 100 bucks a pop, plus tax. I went to one a few years back and you see real smokers and wanabe smokers. The wanabe's are there because they can afford it.

Don't know, never paid a $100 to go to one. Suppose to be a take off of the CigarFest that CI put's on. Just thought I would throw it out there and see what the comments were. The list of vendors has grown from what's on the web...

This is something I'd like to go to, but probably won't, and shortly after will wish I hadn't missed it.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Stogie's Avatar

If Ron from Serious is throwing it then I would think it will probably be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Stogie View Post
    If Ron from Serious is throwing it then I would think it will probably be pretty awesome.
    Ron did put it together and he has it well planned. I talked to him several times while he was putting it together. He had a lot of input from his customers. Cigars, drinks and food. Going to be some door prizes to boot. I'm going to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    So...who is going at 100 bucks a pop, plus tax. I went to one a few years back and you see real smokers and wanabe smokers. The wanabe's are there because they can afford it.
    "real smokers and wanabe smokers" whats that crap all about??? One of the greatest things about cigars is hanging out and having a good time. I didn't realize that we were being judged?

Who wants to sponser me?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ARCHAIC's Avatar

so...since I got my ticket, how do I know if I am a "real" or "wannabe" smoker??

Newbie in the ocean

I am really looking forward to going to the festival..I consider myself a moderate to serious cigar smoker being part of the "club" has its advantages. At first I was a little shocked with the ticket price, then I realized the price would keep out those who would just come to be there and those who actually have an interest in cigars. I want to be around people that share an interest not those who are just looking for something to do..

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyC View Post
    I am really looking forward to going to the festival..I consider myself a moderate to serious cigar smoker being part of the "club" has its advantages. At first I was a little shocked with the ticket price, then I realized the price would keep out those who would just come to be there and those who actually have an interest in cigars. I want to be around people that share an interest not those who are just looking for something to do..
    the price isnt that bad considering you do get 20 sticks that night among other freebies im sure!! btw welcome to Puff!!
    No, i will not tell you how much my stash is worh or how much i spend on cigars!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHAIC View Post
    so...since I got my ticket, how do I know if I am a "real" or "wannabe" smoker??
    I wasn't trying to pick a fight or make a judgment on anyone. The point I was trying to make was the real smokers appreciate smoking a cigar and try to learn more about it. The Wannabe's that were there didnt care to smoke or learn and a few told me that they were there only because for the status of being around others.

I realize I may have offended people but would like to drop this and apologize to everyone who I may have offended.

I wasn't trying to pick a fight or make a judgment on anyone. The point I was trying to make was the real smokers appreciate smoking a cigar and try to learn more about it. The Wannabe's that were there didnt care to smoke or learn and a few told me that they were there only because for the status of being around others.

I realize I may have offended people but would like to drop this and apologize to everyone who I may have offended.
    no worries man!! I understand where you are coming from, but honestly I dont see the extremely casual smoker droppin 100$ to go to an event. I saw my fair share of people at the holiday party that were there for no other reason than to try and be seen & look cool. I watched a guy ask the Altadis rep what Altadis was!!

I am bummed that it is not gonna be on the roof of the parking structure anymore!! But im sure the back lot at Serious will be done up right! Anyone have any clue what happend?? Why Houston had a problem with the event going on in the Galleria area?
    No, i will not tell you how much my stash is worh or how much i spend on cigars!

[/QUOTE]I am bummed that it is not gonna be on the roof of the parking structure anymore!! But im sure the back lot at Serious will be done up right! Anyone have any clue what happend?? Why Houston had a problem with the event going on in the Galleria area?[/QUOTE]

Yea I was lkind of looking forward to it being in the Galleria area. The City would not issue a permit for the event because of the location. The store location will be just fine and Ron will have it done up right.

Back to the Holiday party yes there were a lot people there for the free food and drinks. Folks that were not even smoking a cigar...

it will be good to get a chance to meet some fellow puff members in person!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast